This pipe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are the slats cut right in this bog pipe?

Attachments

• IMG_20200614_194735.jpg
    IMG_20200614_194735.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20200614_194816.jpg
    IMG_20200614_194816.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 111
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That will do the job for sure

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Asking since I will be doing mine in the months ahead -- those slits will face downward, correct? To avoid debris falling in?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I put mine down, with a spare piece of liner under the pipe, so the constant water pounding was not on the liner. I turn my system off during the winter, I figured this way the small pea gravel bits would not jam up the slits when it settled when off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I've been watching some Aquascape videos - they are using lots of wetland filtration (bogs) and intake bays now. One thing Ed Beaulieu talks about is using rocks in graduated sizes in the bogs. Larger down at the bottom, for more airspace - then going up to the small stuff at the top. I know it isn't a "must do" but I think I will try it. It might help avoid some of the small stuff getting into the pipes? Maybe?

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I've been watching some Aquascape videos - they are using lots of wetland filtration (bogs) and intake bays now. One thing Ed Beaulieu talks about is using rocks in graduated sizes in the bogs. Larger down at the bottom, for more airspace - then going up to the small stuff at the top. I know it isn't a "must do" but I think I will try it. It might help avoid some of the small stuff getting into the pipes? Maybe?
I made an error when installing my bog and had to remove all the gravel and start over. I don’t see why not, but for the inexperienced, myself the first time, keeping it simple doesn’t hurt either.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The varying sizes are so that the rock does not fall between the spaces within the aquablox.. They have changed the technique a little in that last year or so. The snorkel is not only below the aquablox fully it is pitched toward the snorkel as well. The larger 2 to 3 inch rock is to prevent the 1 to 3/4 rock from falling between and filling up the dead space where a lot of the magic happens. what ever size pipe you need to to push the water down into the bog say a 2" i would upgrade it to a 2 1/2 or a 3 inch so of you want to upgrade your pump or for clean out or what ever reason you have the larger already in place plus you don't want flow across the bog just pressure

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Please explain the error so others may avoid

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Please explain the error so others may avoid
I utilized the bog inside the pond design but wanted a waterfall for the return and built the walls higher than the pond. I had to remove all of the gravel and purchase another small liner To put in the bog area to prevent the water from simply seeping back through my retaining wall no matter how much I tried to prevent it. Water always finds the path of least resistance.

Ask a Question