This years spawn at DrDaves

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
After 2 smaller spawns, the regular group of producers spawned right on target. Basically May 1 is their day. And just like last year, the orgy lasted all day.

I harvested the eggs and this time instead of going into my nursery aquariums I am using a 156 gallon tote and raising them outside. I think this is going to be a lot less time consuming and as they grow, I will move them indoors when it is time to start thinning out the crop.

They started hatching on the 4th day this year. I waited until the 7th day to remove all the string algae the eggs were in.

Today, there are thousands of them, mostly so small you can barely see them.

I have the brine shrimp hatcheries going 24/7 and I harvest daily. It takes 48 hours for the brine shrimp to hatch, so I have 2 hatcheries going now.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Congrats! You use green water at all to start them? I've read some use some don't. I have a good green tub going now thanks to some help here, No action here yet, Got one female I'm keeping very close tabs on! Good news to hear!!!! It's getting close to that time of the year.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean about green? I did treat the eggs with Methylene Blue to prevent fungus. After the hatch, I started the flow from the main ponds filter through my nursery. So they are now on the same water as the rest of the Koi.

19 laps to go..

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
My picks look pretty good, Harvick is there! Green water as in pea soup, Some recommend it as a first two to three day food, suppose to help with getting starter bacteria into the fry's system, small enough for first food and great for getting ready for brine shrip naupauli. Worked great for a buddy of mine so i want to give it a try if I get a chance this year.

Oh no, Harvick takes out Bowyer!!!!! :-(

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, I had to make a kiddy swimming for my starter culture... Not one of my ponds, LOL What a ending! I don't think that one is over yet!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Someone needs to seriously kick the #18's butt. He should be banned from racing. The #22 contact was incidental. The retalliaion by #18 was uncalled for. I hope they review the replay objectively.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, Did you hear the statement on speed report from Kevin, He said if they going to have a boys have at it he will settle this once and for all, On the track! I hope Kevin cools down, I would hate to see someone get hurt in a retaliation but Kyle is going to get a Payback, That was completely uncalled for. I lost all respect for Kryle last night!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Cool DrDave, It would be fun watching them grow but lots of work keeping them alive. I'll just sit back and watch all you guys raise yours and enjoy it from the puter end of it :regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
talal101 said:
lol did i miss something? who is #18? and i also hope to breed some one day when i have the room/money/patience
are you hoping to breed NASCAR drivers?............lol.............theyre talking about a race.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
talal101 said:
lol did i miss something? who is #18? and i also hope to breed some one day when i have the room/money/patience

#18 Is The Driver of the Doublemint Car.

vertigo72 said:
This help?

Attachments

• imagesCAHH60K5.jpg
    imagesCAHH60K5.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 353

Ask a Question