Thumb print password

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Am I the only one concerned over this?
I don't feel safe using my thumb print, as password to unlock all my private files (business, financial, properties etc)! I don't think fingerprints are hackers proof, and right now you can have different passwords for different things and change them if you need to, but what happens when all your life is under one pass you cannot change?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I like the idea of a thumbprint for a password, but it won't work if your fingerprint is distorted due to swelling from being submersed in water too long or you cut your thumb.
I use a password manager for keeping and generating secure passwords. You need only one master password to unlock the "password vault".
I use 1Password https://1password.com

The more involved a person is online, the more diligent they need to be, it's just the way it is.
Also, if you own any digital currency, don't talk about it online. It makes you more of a target.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm paranoid, I don't trust anyone!
I guess I watch too many movies where they cut off the hand to access gain access:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Gemma, you need to watch some different movies!:)
I only remember a James Bond movie where they used a wax replica to replicate someone's fingerprint!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm paranoid, I don't trust anyone!
I guess I watch too many movies where they cut off the hand to access gain access:ROFLMAO:
stay this way!
Thumb print password are just another way for people/gov. to get all your information :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use keeper, it makes these passwords I can never remember, I access the keeper with my fingerprint or the master password that I use no where else. I love how it works and like the finger print sign in.

I have a few finger prints saved.............just in case!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No password of any kind is completely safe. Passwords are sort of like locked doors. Makes it harder for burglars to get in, but if they really want in, they'll find a way.

Actually, I'd imagine you're much more likely to get hacked than burglarized. We've probably all been hacked, whether we know it or not.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My computer, its a windows 10 I believe... Anyway its new.
Has a camera (like every computer) that you can skype with or something if you want, I ALWAYS cover this up... Because if you look closely at it sometimes, you will see a little red light shining in there... Recording you...
Plus people can spy on you and uh... you don't want that...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My computer, its a windows 10 I believe... Anyway its new.
Has a camera (like every computer) that you can skype with or something if you want, I ALWAYS cover this up... Because if you look closely at it sometimes, you will see a little red light shining in there... Recording you...
Plus people can spy on you and uh... you don't want that...
I cover that too even though I never seen the red light ...what do you cover on a flat screen TV?

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
cover on a flat screen TV?
You can cover the small cameras with a sticky note, or a piece of a sticky note with tape on it...
As for the flatscreen. idk, I have a 72" flatscreen, I don't see a small camera on it.

Ask a Question