Tips or leads on spouts for 2 Inch PVC pipe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone ...

Not sure if this is the right forum to be in but thought I'd give it a shot --- we live on an 11 acre plot and have a pretty big pond in our yard -- during the rainy months it get fed by 2 small creeks and then flows out a small creek down to the river below us -- we have an irrigation system to get water down the the back for our veggie garden and also a long PVC 2 inch pipe with a valve on it that we can turn to get fresh aerated water into the pond -- (you'd be amazed how much water evaporates in the summer months) --- so here is the question ... does anyone know where to buy or how to make a decorative end to the PVC pipe I wanted to have a dragon or a lion or something like that so when you turn the water on it shoots out it mouth --- the pipe is 2 inch so pretty big ... most one's I've seen at garden stores etc are an inch or less round --- the water flow on this is pretty strong as we have a 75psi pump bringing water up from the river

Big Pond.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
check with a place that sells fountains or check on youtube .I know I made my own splitters and spitters by using different sizes of pvc

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
That's a pretty big pipe to send into a decorative spitter.
I have a couple ideas.
There are tons of fittings when it comes to pvc pipe. If you're not knowledgeable on how to join PVC pipe, it's very easy. Basically you brush the primer on both sides of the joint, let it dry, then do the same with the glue then hold it firmly together for a short while. The glue sets up pretty quickly.

You can add a wye fitting to split the 2" PVC in two and use glue-in reducing bushings after the wye to reduce the size of the outlets. Then send each of those smaller pipes to decorative spitters. You could even add a couple of wyes after the first wye for more outlets to even more spitters or just send some of them directly to the pond. The configurations you create are almost endless. PVC is so easy to work with.

Some members here are very creative. They have drilled holes through large rocks to create their own spitters. This requires a rotary hammer also called a hammer drill.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep that is what I did used home made splitters from pvc and some goes here and some goes there .You will just have to go to a hardware store and explain what you want to do and they will help you figure it out in most cases

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a pretty big pipe to send into a decorative spitter.
I have a couple ideas.
There are tons of fittings when it comes to pvc pipe. If you're not knowledgeable on how to join PVC pipe, it's very easy. Basically you brush the primer on both sides of the joint, let it dry, then do the same with the glue then hold it firmly together for a short while. The glue sets up pretty quickly.

You can add a wye fitting to split the 2" PVC in two and use glue-in reducing bushings after the wye to reduce the size of the outlets. Then send each of those smaller pipes to decorative spitters. You could even add a couple of wyes after the first wye for more outlets to even more spitters or just send some of them directly to the pond. The configurations you create are almost endless. PVC is so easy to work with.

Some members here are very creative. They have drilled holes through large rocks to create their own spitters. This requires a rotary hammer also called a hammer drill.

Thank you this is a great idea -- I'm comfortable with joining and extending PVC pipe living on a farm out here, but its always good to get a refresher :) -- A splitter to a smaller gauge is an awesome idea -- it will probable give a better aeration to the pond to -- we are going to be putting trout in and some other fish as well -- we have Van Dyke's salamander and Rough-skinned newt's already in and around the pond .... you've given me something work with here Joe -- I'm off to read the other replies -- you are all awesome :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
No problem...any questions just ask. We are a friendly bunch and there are some very knowledgeable members among us.

As you can see, you have many options. There's even a schedule 40 flexible PVC which is very durable and can be glued directly to regular ridgid pvc fittings. You can use threaded adapters that glue to PVC and have standard threads that you can screw fittings into.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just think now you can have two little boys having infinity sword fights at the edge of the pond ..

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just think now you can have two little boys having infinity sword fights at the edge of the pond ..

Hahahaha .... my friend who came over to help cut down some trees was saying he wanted to see a boy peeing in the pond --- once I have all this sorted I'll post pictures :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Here we have concrete world and good gosh do they have lots of pond spitters .Everything from giant frogs to a fireman with a hose and that is a firehose not the other :giggle: :LOL: .I love walking through the place to get a laugh but they do have some beautiful out door fireplace kits also and lots of statues .Does any one remember the Tom Hanks movie where he had weak trees ,trying to think of the name and having a senior moment

Ask a Question