Tis the season for biomedia.

Reaction score
Tinsel on sale. Hang bundles from the lid of your biofilter and presto! Lots of easy to clean surface area.

Attachments

• Photo0317.jpg
    Photo0317.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Photo0317.jpg
    Photo0317.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 295

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well that would do, it is smooth though, wonder if it would grow good junk. But then again a lot of surface area

Reaction score
Do you think bacteria would have trouble sticking to the surface? I liked it because with a good shake in the water, the extra gunk should fall right off.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You may have to worry about fast breakdown of it as it is fine and could clog up your pump or cause problems for your fish if they happen to get hold of any of it that gets washed down into the filter .The sheer movement of the water will loosen pieces up .I know I put it outside on my one tree and a month later it is breaking apart a blowing around my yard .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have hung some of that larger mylar stripping around my pond at times to ward off the heron and it does break down and pieces end up floating in the pond. I don't think I'd use the stuff in my filter myself. I might be afraid the fish might ingest the tiny pieces but maybe they are smarter than that to actually swallow it.............might just taste it and say hmmmmmmm, no good.

Ask a Question