To bog or not to bog filters

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am having some work done around our pool and pond area, all the cement etc will be removed and stone slabs put in. I have the plants either inside now or down at the bottom ready for winter, the pond is 8f by 6 ft & 3 ft deep, the fish stay there all winter I have a ring heater to keep breathing area open as it freezes right over her in Kingston Ontario. I currently have a Oase Bio Press 1000 filter hooked to a pump in the bottom (can't remember what it is but there is plenty of pressure. I was thinking of putting in a bog filter on the right side of the photo, a few feet from the pond itself. I currently have to clean the filter about every 6 weeks. Do I need to add the bog filter and not use the main Oase filter, or should I use both, I am new at this filtering, but want very clear water. I have 3 or 4 water lilies, black taro, iris, marsh marigolds etc and about 10 various size koi and fancy golf fish, *** WILL TRY AND GET THE PHOTO TO THE RIGHT SIZE, not sure why it keeps saying "uploaded file is too large??????

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Depends on what you mean by very clear water, mine is clear can count the trap door snails on the bottom.
I never clean it except yanking excess plant growth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
yes it is
To bog, or not to bog, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The quips and ripostes of outrageous GPFers...
Or to post eyes-covered emojis against a sea of anti-boggers
And by opposing end them. To get a clear pond—maintenance-free,
No more cleaning pads; and by that to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That cleaning a filter brings: 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. A clear pond, to die for;
To sit back and put your feet up, perchance to dream—ay, there's the rub:

:cool:

[bowing] thank you, thank you--I'm here all week!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yep. Needs to be living about 20 years in the future when there are better meds. :ROFLMAO:
(sniff) says the one who names his machinery with kids' cartoon character names...jus' sayin' (I'll share, CW, 20 years from now!)

Ask a Question