addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The signature showing up: Let's go Brandon is political it needs to be removed if you have it in your signature.

Thank you a lot for understanding we do not want any political slanted statements on the forum.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is the reason: "Let's Go Brandon" is a political slogan that has been widely used as a minced oath for "F..k Joe Biden" in reference to Joe Biden, the 46th president of ...

There are lot of Brandon's out there if you want to honor one make it obvious it is for that reason.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I hate to say that someone is leaving the forum due to the request of removing the "lets go brandon" and I am a bully etc. Wants their account deleted.

I could care less what your politics are, this forum has had spats about politics it is best to leave ANY reference to politics out of postings, even signatures.

I hope the rest of the members can stay calm about it.

B

Burd

Yes. I own and operate a forum, I know how it’s done.
why don’t you post a list of words that may have some other meaning so I know not to Use it.
like makes sense in australia means go scr*w your self. I’ve seen it posted before.
oh well, my bully says, ok then. You don’t like my addition to the forum, delete away.
what if Pond was a nasty word. ya, pond means something bad, let’s not use that anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just to be 100% clear - the no politics rule is because every time a thread gets political commentary, it usually goes off the rails and people get so angry that they end up leaving over things nothing to do with ponds (we've already lost one after a request to delete!). If we hadn't had repeated issues in the past, then maybe sigs could have been ok, but experience says that this has always been a disaster. We're here for a shared interest in ponds and I want to make sure that we stick to that. There are so many other places where people can discuss politics, but an internet forum about ponds isn't the place.

To everyone that had something like this in their sig, but deleted it, thank you for understanding why we want to do this - it really is appreciated :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just to be 100% clear - the no politics rule is because every time a thread gets political commentary, it usually goes off the rails and people get so angry that they end up leaving over things nothing to do with ponds (we've already lost one after a request to delete!). If we hadn't had repeated issues in the past, then maybe sigs could have been ok, but experience says that this has always been a disaster. We're here for a shared interest in ponds and I want to make sure that we stick to that. There are so many other places where people can discuss politics, but an internet forum about ponds isn't the place.

To everyone that had something like this in their sig, but deleted it, thank you for understanding why we want to do this - it really is appreciated :).
I got a suggestion; how about

LET'S GO IAN!

heh heh; unless of course you've suddenly got the urge to run for political office, and well, let me know as I can easily sub 'pizza' into that 'slogan', ya know??

okay, I know, go to my corner...I should be used to this by now...:p:p:eek::rolleyes:;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a better idea. Have an automod that turns on ads on any thread where politics is discussed. We can all enjoy our favorite passtime of bitching about politics and @Ian can get some extra cash. I mean, it's December. What else are we going to do?

Does anyone want to come to my QAnon pizza party?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Guess I missed the drama.......I don't even have a signature - LOL !
sure ya do; it's all your pond info, Tula! That said, you KNOW now where and how to get a lil anigif of your own, rriiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhttttttt????? The Queen's got lots, jus' sayin' !

heh heh

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I got a suggestion; how about

LET'S GO IAN!

heh heh; unless of course you've suddenly got the urge to run for political office, and well, let me know as I can easily sub 'pizza' into that 'slogan', ya know??

okay, I know, go to my corner...I should be used to this by now...:p:p:eek::rolleyes:;)

View attachment 145448
Go to your pond!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Go to your pond!!!
ah, where the heck do you THINK my pond IS??? Corner, pond--both the same!

wait...ah, hmmm, you mean you're NOT there NOW!!! Shameful! I expect EVERY good squire to ALWAYS be at their post! Ain't no 'go to your pond!' but rather 'STAY BY YOUR POND!'. Aye, that should be the clarion call! Course, you DO need someone to bring out the pizza and beer, can't be traipsing inside, bringing all that mud inside the castle; what would the Boss think? And don't get me started on Super Bosses...!:p

Ask a Question