To solve silty water problems

Reaction score
I had placed a thread a couple weeks ago on murky water problems and got a lot of great feed back. After buying all the chemicals and trying everything from coconut husks and different layers of gardening paper in my bio falls, and waiting for 2 weeks for the pond to clear up I finally found the answer to the problem of having silty murky water. Polyfil found in pillows is the solution. I placed a layer of polyfil inside the pillow with a hole cut into the pillow case by the opening of the biofalls, by 10 hours later my pond was crystal clear. It worked amazing, four days later I turned off the falls and lifted out the pillow case and spent about a half hour squeezing all the silt and muddy water from the polyfil, it was unbelievable how well it worked, now I can see all my fish:icon_smile:
I dont even have a filter on the pond yet and it is amazing how well that technique worked, even though it took me a post on this website and 2 weeks to figure out.

Just wanted to let anyone who had the same problem know.
Thanks a lot of all the help

Reaction score
Works great. had to use it a time or two myself. I always have a few bags around just in case. Works good to clean green algae out to. Can be rinsed and reused to. Thumbs up.

Ask a Question