To the Summit and Back :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Doesn't surprise me. The family of the boy who was killed by the black bear sued and won. I couldn't beleive it. They were camping off the side of the road up that canyon. Not in an official campground and they let the little boy go to his tent alone with food for the night because he was hungry. Tragic, but they should have never won the lawsuit. I was just reading up on what you posted on google and there were comments that the lawsuit here in Utah has set a precident so this guys family might actually win.

If I go out into to nature, I know there are dangers, I take precautions. If something was to happen to me there would be no lawsuit.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep when you go out into the wild where the "WILD ANIMALS" are and they are acting wild what do you expect..............for them to roll out the red carpet drag out a pipe and wine glasses and sing "All we are saying is give peace a chance",lol?
Sometimes these bad things happen when we try to feed these wild critters w/ the big horns and teeth and claws and then when we quit they don't understand and come looking for the food and they react badly by busting our chops!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sometimes these bad things happen when we try to feed these wild critters w/ the big horns and teeth and claws and then when we quit they don't understand and come looking for the food and they react badly by busting our chops!

That is exactly right! Although we do hand feed nuts to the little chipmunks up there because we like to see their little cheeks go from little to fat LOL. But then I am not concerned with getting attacked by a heard of chipmunks, though it might be pretty funny to watch. LOL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You are silly Sissy. I know of a lot of other places with much prettier rocks that are much easier to get to... You can even reach some in a pick-up :)

Check out these rocks from a hike we did a couple weekends ago. Not nearly the treck (this one was only 4 hours, 6 miles round trip and we did not summit a mountain) but man look at these rocks! I even got pictures of glacial scarring.

DSCN2708.jpg

DSCN2710.jpg

DSCN2712.jpg

DSCN2722.jpg

DSCN2734.jpg

DSCN2737.jpg

DSCN2745.jpg

DSCN2746.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wanna be there right now! Beautiful places you have to go hiking! I could really go for a dip in one of those lakes. Do they let you fish in there?
And if the chipmunk gang ever attacks then one of you survivors must take video :razz:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I wanna be there right now! Beautiful places you have to go hiking! I could really go for a dip in one of those lakes. Do they let you fish in there?
And if the chipmunk gang ever attacks then one of you survivors must take video :razz:

Yes when we made it to the lakes (there are 3 small lakes next to one another) I saw two guys with poles. I asked what they were catching and they told me brook trout...

I want to hike up there one of these weekends with a camping pack. Spend the night by the lake then wake up early and summit the peak above the lake. It is called sundial peak and is 10,320 feet above sea level. I think the view down onto the lakes would be beautiful. It is only another 6 miles or 4 hours round trip from the lakes to the peak and back.

BTW, that trail head is only 20 minutes from my house. I love convenient beauty :)

Gang of attacking chipmunks... Heee heee heee that makes me laugh.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
J.W. here's a couple of those viscous chipmunks LOL :LOL: These were taken the first time we did the hike when I chickened out on going to the summit. So I stayed back on the saddle and played with the attack chipmunks. LOL

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0386.jpg

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing all the pics! Now I can stay safely AT sea level.

It is sad that people have died in these environments due to the WILD LIFE, but hello, what part of wild do some not understand? and to SUE because some fool wasnt prepared to PROTECT THEMSELVES??? Oh please, if you are going to go out into the wilderness, it only makes sense to be armed. Hopefully it wont be needed BUT what else are you going to do, say dont kill me, and expect the animal to comply?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Awwwwwwww, who could resist feeding those cute little puffy cheeks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing all the pics! Now I can stay safely AT sea level.

It is sad that people have died in these environments due to the WILD LIFE, but hello, what part of wild do some not understand? and to SUE because some fool wasnt prepared to PROTECT THEMSELVES??? Oh please, if you are going to go out into the wilderness, it only makes sense to be armed. Hopefully it wont be needed BUT what else are you going to do, say dont kill me, and expect the animal to comply?

Three things I ALWAYS have on me when I am out in the mountains or desert is water, a knife and a gun. Never have had to use the gun but the knife and water come in handy A LOT :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pecan, Thank you so much for sharing! Those are some really inspirational photographs. Something I will probably never get a chance to do or see with my own eyes and your pictures will probably be the only time my eyes I will view that beautiful place. Simply Gorgeous

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mochosla

Latest Threads