To those of you looking for MEDIA BAGS

Reaction score
I tried to find them on the target website but could not, figured i would give you a heads up target sells bags for washing lingerie and they make perfect Biofilter media bags, they zip up and are made of some mesh material worked very well in my new filter. U want pictures i will provide some.

Reaction score
As long as they are nylon or polyester, they are fine. No cotton though. Cotton breaks down after a while and will emit ammonia into the water. Bacteria might eat it up right away, but still not the best. Hopefully you meant zip up with a cinch cord and not a real zipper unless thats made of stainless steel. If not, you are right they do make great media bags. I have used them my own self. Koikeeper used bird netting, super inexpensive and you can get a good ammount of them out of one pack.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
nylon zippers are whats on my media bags...i dont even use them any more they allow open areas in the media for water to channel thru, and that means less media contact....but to each their own.

Ask a Question