To those of you that upload videos on Youtube

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I enjoy all your videos and so I thought it'd be nice if I made one to add to my showcase so I can better follow the growth of my fish, because the pictures never come out that good....well that video is still "being processed" since last night, I was wondering if uploading videos always takes this long, or should I delete and try to re upload?
Is youtube the only way to upload videos?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gemma,
It depends on how long your video is and sometimes what you took it with.

Mine take long if I edit them, or if they are coming off a data card instead of right off the laptop.

Sounds like yours might be stuck in a loop. I have deleted some and restarted the upload.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have no idea where the video is being uploaded from, I clicked to upload and it was already in the options
I'll delete and try again...Thanks @addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
so I deleted and started a new upload but I'm still getting this message:
"This is taking longer than expected. Your video has been queued and will be processed as soon as possible."

The video is a little over 3 minutes long...I selected it from Google photos, is there any other way I could upload this video?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
A three minute long video should upload in a very short period of time - sounds like something else is going on.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've never uploaded videos on youtube before, I have no idea what could be wrong:(

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
so I deleted and started a new upload but I'm still getting this message:
"This is taking longer than expected. Your video has been queued and will be processed as soon as possible."
The video is a little over 3 minutes long...I selected it from Google photos, is there any other way I could upload this video?

Could be a problem with your internet's upload speed, or maybe your internet isn't stable enough. I used to have a pretty bad internet service where things like that would happen often.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have Comcast, seems pretty fast
I'll try figuring out how to upload the video directly from pc

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The other video just does not want to upload, so I'm trying a shorter video directly from pc, it was windy and the quality isn't as good, but I can still see the fish ok

now I'm getting this message: "Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format. " even after reading the Help Center, I have no idea what they want me to do so I guess I'll just have to wait for the slow upload

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
If you login to your YouTube account on your PC you'll see a tiny Upload button at the top right of the screen that looks like an up arrow. Click that!

ETA: Looks like you figured it out. Yeah don't worry about that message. It just means it will take a bit longer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine says it will format my videos from my puter to fit youtube and it does but still takes a long time

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I have one to help out new tortoise owners called
Redfoot habitat Florida style
It downloaded very quickly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
The other video just does not want to upload, so I'm trying a shorter video directly from pc, it was windy and the quality isn't as good, but I can still see the fish ok

now I'm getting this message: "Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format. " even after reading the Help Center, I have no idea what they want me to do so I guess I'll just have to wait for the slow upload

your video works, something wrong at 0:13 onward till 1:27, they are pretty

Ask a Question