Toasted lily pads

Reaction score
I bought a lily pad for my pond it seemed to do well for awhile, then it started losing pads until it finally looks like it is dead what did I do wrong?:fish:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
it may be your fish...ive woken up to pads free floating over the last 4 days. good healthy pads and stems bitten off at the rhyzone. this is the first year my boys have done this...every day more pads. i have 4 pots with a cleaned off rhyzone.

Reaction score
So is this something that will be survivable or is it just a throw away at this point? The fish seem to be leaving the jurasic lettuce and the hyacinths alone!?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
no dont toss them out,they should get new growth if protected from your fish. that is if the fish are responsible. have you been fertilizing it?

Reaction score
I actually didn't until recently this was done after it lost all of its pads. I haven't seen any new growth yet but I have nothing but time! I wasn't sure how to fertalize them untill I found some tablets you push into the soil for water plants! I was so excited!:lol:

Reaction score
I bought one at a pond store, it looked great at first, then before long it was looking pretty bad, all the leaves got real small and no flowers. I jumped in the pond and pulled it out and it had almost burst through the pot it was so root bound. I had to cut it out of the pot. Replanted it and WOW it took off and never looked back.

Reaction score
Wow! I am not really sure why I never thought of that! My wife and I do quite a bit of other gardening and this is often a problem with other plants but I am not sure why I never thought of that in this instance!!! Thanks I may try to re-pot tonight!! There still is no sign of life I hope it is not completly done but only time will tell!!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I had to pull my lily out of my lower pond it couldn't grow faster than the koi picking at it
I have it in a tub out of the pond and its doing great

Reaction score
I think if I am going to enjoy a lily, I am going to have to take it out of the pond. My fish just love eating all the leaves (plus, new growth).

Ask a Question