too late in season to start bog?

Reaction score
Hi,

Just finishing my pond, and contemplating a small bog filter in my stream. Is mid July too late in Zone 6 to get started? I've heard it takes a while to get things started, but I might be able to get some sales on plants now.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Just do it you got a start some time next year will be good for you

Reaction score
I think I will. I have a cetus sieve mechanical filter, so I'm just looking for bio. My fish will be small to start with this year, so hopefully the small young bog will be enough for the rest of the season.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hope it's OK, 'cause we've piddled around (had valid excuses, though) at getting ours started. If we can just DO IT, we could have it ready to plant before August. Right now, I have a collection of plants sitting in a kiddie pool full of tadpoles. I'm sure BOTH would be pleased if we got the bog done ;)

Reaction score
I bet you're ok Turt

Mmathis said:
I hope it's OK, 'cause we've piddled around (had valid excuses, though) at getting ours started. If we can just DO IT, we could have it ready to plant before August. Right now, I have a collection of plants sitting in a kiddie pool full of tadpoles. I'm sure BOTH would be pleased if we got the bog done ;)

I bet you're ok in zone 8. I just want to make sure to get some good bio activity going before the frost sets in

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I put plants in our bog mid end summer, they did fine, the next summer they took off gang busters. I would just get it going. Now I have tons and tons of plants and a water perfect pond.

Ask a Question