Too Many Fish....AGAIN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Same problem I have every year, My fish won't stop breeding and I'm overcrowded. I have about five or six mostly solid orange koi that I need to cull. They range from about 6 to 12 inches and possibly a couple of larger fish as well. I'm located in Northeast Ohio (west of Akron). If I don't get them out before my water lilies grow, they'll be really hard to net. To make it even more complicated, I'll only be home a couple days a week for the next month. Anyway, I thought I would throw it out there and if anyone wants to take a look, let me know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Post on our classified section. It’ll be seen better there, and more likely to get an interested party. Also, post a picture of the fish, it’ll show folks what to expect.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Try posting on Craigslist. That is how I rehome my extra fish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If you have any pond stores nearby, I'd mention it to them as well. They may have customers looking to add fish to a pond who would be happy to take a few.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1617643252995.gif
@soundguy
There is a site online called nextdoor.com where you register for your neighborhood and can sell, give away or find out pretty much everything that is going on near you. I have gotten free fish there and lots of info on my hood.

Ask a Question