Tools of the wildlife guy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Quite an investment!
Yes it is but most of it I buy used and the resale value holds up very nice in the used market. Fortunately my wife and I are both into it so it makes it much easier on the finance side. We enjoy it very much so.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That's some array of equipment for those great pics you take.

I have a Kodak EasyShare. Does that count?
idunno.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What did you start out with?
My wife bought me a Canon Elph which took film many years ago and that is what started it all. One of my first pictures was of a deer and I was hooked. It pulled me into a world most people really do not even notice. It is a true passion for us.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely it counts, more important then the gear is the fact you are out there enjoying nature.

Completely agree. A couple of mornings each week I stop on my way to work to walk around a local lake - about 1 3/4 miles, takes about 35-45 minutes depending upon how often I stop to look at the wildlife. Some days I take a camera, others I just enjoy the walk.

This morning there was thick mist over the water when I started, but when the rising sun burnt that off, the scene was superb. Light from the rising sun made the water sparkle, and the swans looked great in the golden glow. For a moment I was tempted to stay and watch and go in later.

Ask a Question