Tootie

Reaction score
New to the forum. i have a small pond in the yard..8x10 app. and have quite a few Koi. this spring will be the 3rd spring for the pond. Last spring we started with about 5 fish and early in the summer found we have about 160 babies in the pond. We were very surprised as it just "happened" At first someone told us they were probably mosquitos but in a short time we discovered they were babie koi.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome tootie to the forum and all those babies didn't just happen had to laugh at that one :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:.If the koi have a long straight body they are males if they have a plump middle they are females .At least thats how it was explained to me .:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:They will multiply fast I have given lots of them away but sometimes I hear you can find a place that will take them and sell them . There is a nursery in Greenville Va you can find it on the internet you can maybe contact them if they are close to you Springdale Water Gardens 340 old Quarry lane greenville va .I will find if you are close

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome tootie, glad you joined

welcomefromgang4.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
purpleflowerwelcome.gif
tootie
I bet you could sell those Koi yourself after they get a bit larger
fish030.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love those flowers and butterflies that would make a great welcome sign for a house painted on a board .how pretty Is that close to what they tell you on telling a female from a male in the koi .Maybe you may know more ways

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If one was artistic one could just do that sissy but alas I fear I am not that one :LOL:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I may try it a little artist in me seems to be easy enough I keep staring at it to see and trying to draw it out got my sketch book and pencil now had a pen did not work great with them

Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcomes!! I have some people that I'm going to give some of the fish to. I think i should only have about 20 in the pond. I've been trying to read up on it. We had a tiny plastic formed pond first, then enjoyed that so much we build a " real one" in out side yard. We really enjoy it as do all our neighbors. Can't wait until spring and summer to sit out there.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Hi Tootie, Welcome to the group! will Blair, Joe, Natalie, or Ms.Garret be joining as well?......lol
No seriously..... WELCOME, and enjoy your time here.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
::lol:had my second pond for 5 years and still new and computer use since 1999 still new LO L Both come out with something new every time you turn around .:compute::dunno::bowdown::fish:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucaryan

Latest Threads