Total Pond Newbie, from Washington State!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks David for the info on Russels. I've never been there but intend to some day as I've heard all about it on the radio many times. I suppose they aren't for the thrifty ponder tho who like to get bargains. I found a natural pond by the new bike trail in Arlington and hubby and I went on a plant expedition and came home w/ tons of Azolla and Duckweed and there is tons left still. You can also pick up Water Cress at Winco if it's not wilted and stick that in between the rocks around the edge of your pond or let it float in plant rings or floating ropes and it spreads real nice and adds oxygen to your pond :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have some natural ponds here jw, but no real good plants to yank. But have a nice load of plants in my pond so all is good in life.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
going to send the plant police JW LOL next thing you will drag a whole pond home and you would be the one to figure that one out too .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If I could do it I'd like to make my property like living in Venice w/ only paths of land and all water around it..........like have a moat around my house and have to take a boat to the front door and just islands of trees and plants here and there.........well I think it would be cool and no mowing anymore and lots of fish, yippee :regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
j.w said:
If I could do it I'd like to make my property like living in Venice w/ only paths of land and all water around it..........like have a moat around my house and have to take a boat to the front door and just islands of trees and plants here and there.........well I think it would be cool and no mowing anymore and lots of fish, yippee :lamp5:

I like how you operate, j.w.!!!

:lamp5:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'll get a few of those Blob fish to scare them away if they jump in for a swim sissy :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
I'll get a few of those Blob fish to scare them away if they jump in for a swim sissy :lol:
Your new buddy jw! the blob, you will have one in a tank next to your bed soon!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now that is a scary thought.........hope I Don't have nightmare's now...........last night I dreamt all night about trying to put a puzzle together over and over again.................doesn't sound that bad but it was really bugging me to death :lol:

Ask a Question