Toxins

Reaction score
Country
United States
My pond in behind the garage. Last week I had an old asphalt shingled roof taken off and new one put on. When the workers were doing the roof, they blew the debrie off the roof. I noticed the pond water was getting foamy bubbles. I know some of the shingle stones and maybe tar paper pieces got in the water and sank. Two days ago I noticed the fish laying sideways and not swimming around. 1 of the orange goldfish got real pale and looks like he has ick. They do eat when I put food in. Is the water contaminated from the shingle debrie?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Delmarvagirl It sure could be and I would scoop out any debris that fell in and do a partial water change. If it's ick that's a whole other fix. I have never treated for ick so can't help ya there.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group!

Good luck with your fish.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If you do a water change it is easier on the fish if you do it slow. Stick a pump in there to pump water out slowly and have a hose adding fresh water at about the same rate. If you empty all the water out and then add all new it might stress the fish even more. Don't forget to add the chlorine remover if you need it while you add the hose water.

Ask a Question