Trap door snails.. yikes!

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
Okay.. three years ago I went out and bought 5 trapdoor snails. I am guessing that there are at least 50 snails in my pond now. I wonder if they will cause me any problems. If they keep multiplying like this the bottom of my pond will be nothing but snails! Anybody who lives in Philly suburbs and wants snails, PM me! I am also going to be trying to find homes for shubunkins next spring. The babies are about an inch long right now and definitely showing colors. I also noticed there are little 'squito larvae sized fish in the forget-me-nots, but they will probably take another year to get old enough.

Joanie

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I wouldn't worry about the trap doors, mine have been baby booming, but they sure do snack on algae. I find dead ones off and on, so there is some sort of cycle going on .

Nice of you to offer up shubunkins and snails! I am sure there is a taker somewhere.

Ask a Question