Trapdoor snails sure do reproduce

Reaction score
I added 20 trapdoor snails to my pond about a month ago and so far I have found 8 little guys already. I just was not expecting that many so soon.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
thats very unusual for trapodoors. they give live birth. are you sure you didnt pick up some pondsnails or their eggs on a plant or something else you bought

Reaction score
I don't have any eggs just tiny snails. So I am thinking maybe the trapdoor were ready to give birth when I got them.

Reaction score
from what I read, and not that much yet, the baby trapdoors, don't have trap doors so they are easily eaten. They reccomend to remove them and let them grow out in an aquarium. If they are pond snails that came in on plants as eggs, BTW you won't see the eggs, like Koiguy said you will have a ton of them. If you can keep your water well maintained they wont get too out of control, but if you have food for them, they will multiply quickly.

Ask a Question