Travels across the country

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Just returned home after driving from Salt Lake City UT to Louisville KY and back. The way there we went through WY, NE, IA, KS, MO, IL, IN, the way back we went through IN, IL, MO, KS, CO

The one thing I noticed is how in the midwest there are ponds EVERYWHERE!!! My husband was laughing at me looking at all the pond off the side of the road. Everyone has one and they are HUGE! So much water! I thought my pond was big, but it is tiny compared to some of those midwest ponds.

Anywho, did I miss anything while I was gone? Has anyone started their ponds yet? and posted pictures?

I hope to get mine up and running in about a week or two.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
so now that youve told us where youve been... tell us why you went !! whats in kentucky? curious minds want to know!!!.........lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
NGD/SOS

National Gun Day / Show of all Shows, it is one of the largest military collectors shows in the US. We have friends from throughout the country and we all meet up there (about 20 of us). This was our 3rd year going, but the first time we drove.

Our oldest daughter lives in Kansas City (Olathe) so we figured if we drove we could stop by and see her and our son in law.

It was the best time we have had so far at the show and good to see all our friends. We had friends there from MI, IA, MO, KS, KY, AL, CA, GA, FL, OH and I am sure some others I am missing.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They have water there! That got my attention when I moved back here from arizona, water water everywhere

I went to a machine gun shoot in kentucky with my late hubby. The dogs had ear muffs on!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have to say the states I found to be the prettiest were MO and IN. Indiana was gorgeous, we drove in on I-64 that takes you through the Hoosier National Forest. It really was breathtaking.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Istill like the Blue Ridge parkway and lovers leap .I stop at it every year but I don't leap LOL

I love the hillsville flea market great crafts people there also

Attachments

• hillsville2011 023.JPG
    hillsville2011 023.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 324
  • hillsville2011 030.JPG
    hillsville2011 030.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 320
  • hillsville2011 032.JPG
    hillsville2011 032.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 385
  • hillsville2011 034.JPG
    hillsville2011 034.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 406
  • hillsville2011 028.JPG
    hillsville2011 028.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 333
  • hillsville2011 007.JPG
    hillsville2011 007.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 341
  • hillsville 049.JPG
    hillsville 049.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 272
  • hillsville 019.JPG
    hillsville 019.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 345
  • hillsville 021.JPG
    hillsville 021.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 367
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We spent the whole time in Louisville this year near the Expo Center, besides a little going out for dinner and drinks. But the first year we went, we got a rental car and did the Bourbon trail, went to Ft Knox and a friend of mines BBQ restaurant about 30 minutes west of Ft Knox. I dipped my own bottle of Makers Mark! and they were bottling Mint Julips for the race so we were able to taste it while we were there. We also went down near Versailles to the Woodford Reserve distillery which was beautiful driving through all the horse country. I must say, Makers Mark distillery is like Disney Land for adults. :)

A Louisville friend of mine did give me a bottle of Woodford while we were there :) I am a happy girl.

Plus we picked up a few things at the show that were within our budget. It is amazing how much military collectors items can run... We saw helmets for $60,000!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My late hubby collected that stuff, when he passed I had three class three maxims to sell. All fully functional. One had the sled, scope, all parts. We took it out shooting a few times, very heavy. But fun.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yeah we have done the bourbon trail a few times. I am actually an ambassador with makers mark and they send you free stuff every xmas, this year we got a makers sweater for our makers mark bottle. I also have my name on a barrel with about 30 other folks with a plaque all free. I prefer Woodford Reserve though, my wife likes makers mark. The woodford tour is really neat though.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep got 2 of those makers mark green sweaters also and guess what they fit pee wee and I sent a pic to makers mark with him in the sweater

Ask a Question