Tropical Storm / Hurricane Irene...........

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I noticed on the camera scenes that it looked like it was raining nicely for you addy. We are getting warm temps still w/ no rain in sight.........would be nice if it was a little cooler but I'll take whatever sunshine the good Lord giveth, lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have been getting torrential down pours here and supposed to be like this until tomorrow .We need so don't mind at all and glad we finally got some decent rain .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Raining all day jw, not those hard runoff downpours, but nice constant rain. A soaker, wish we had some this summer. But getting it now. I moved a bunch of grasses yesterday and sunday before it started, they had gotten too big for where they where. Some were just too close to the up edge of the pond, hiding the view from the house. This rain is great for them. Will get them nicely settled.

Will be moving perennials soon too, the plants have grown well enough to stock the rest of the yard. Time to move plants here. They grow great roots during the fall and spring. We have had such hot dry summers recently, I want to get them going before the heat hits again.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good idea addy. Better get yourself out there in the rain too as long as no lightning.............times a wasting, lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good idea addy. Better get yourself out there in the rain too as long as no lightning.............times a wasting, lol!
ummmmmmmmmm it is dark and pouring dear.............coming down at the rate of 2 inches an hour....so the plants can wait lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What? oh yes forgot, you are in the dark zone now.................we are still in the white light here, lol! Tomorrow is another day addy and come rain or shine better get your buns out and tote those plants!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
4 hour diff until the time change, then just 3.....lol..............They are calling for rain until monday, sure could have used this during the summer.

Just 100 % chance of rain............tomorrow, think it will rain?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ummmmmmmmmm yep opps, my brain was thinking arizona rules, We never changed our clocks there.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well you don't have to change your clocks, just leave them as they are and go about your life. You can make them any time you want to, lol!
The gov't can't make us change our clocks..................we'll have a time change revolution!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well you don't have to change your clocks, just leave them as they are and go about your life. You can make them any time you want to, lol!
The gov't can't make us change our clocks..................we'll have a time change revolution!

Yep we should! Loved not changing time in arizona, never had to think of it except when calling the family back east..

We got nothing from Irene here but Lee has given us rain for the last 5 days.

We have been getting rain since sunday, just one of those great nice soft rains, 2.25 inches so far per my weather station. Pouring right now, we have needed this all summer.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Heatwave going on here. Everything is drying up to a crisp. Have to water, water and water everything. I'm not going to say the R word tho cuz I like it the way it is,lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very very tired of heat and dry, this rain is great.

Ask a Question