Trouble (yet) again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
This time the pump that is not leaking too badly stopped yesterday!
I don't know if it's dead or just clogged. I cannot get into the pond to check.

To make matters even better, one of the two bubblers also stopped! One is still working. The machine is still under warranty, but that doesn't help me right now.

The pond is 7 feet long, 4 feet wide, 3 feet deep. 6 koi, one huge catfish.

Question: Can the pond go much longer w/o supplemental water flow that generates oxygen? The fish are fine this morning. I am getting to one of the garden centers that sells bubblers. I don't know how to connect a new pump. I am so glad I bought that bubbler last year.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh now i now why I use 2 pumps .I had that happen one time a long time ago and said it will never happen again .Your temps should be cooler as mine are .I know petco sells a nice 4 port aerator for 30 dollars with everything included .Not sure all petcos have them and if you have a petco .I ended up the one time with a pump from lowes .I also know harbor freight has pumps that is if you have one near .Depends on your water temps .how long .It is sunday so you may be limited .I wish you were near because I have extra pumps .All you need for now is to get a cheap pump with maybe a fountain head to help .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This time the pump that is not leaking too badly stopped yesterday!
I don't know if it's dead or just clogged. I cannot get into the pond to check.

To make matters even better, one of the two bubblers also stopped! One is still working. The machine is still under warranty, but that doesn't help me right now.

The pond is 7 feet long, 4 feet wide, 3 feet deep. 6 koi, one huge catfish.

Question: Can the pond go much longer w/o supplemental water flow that generates oxygen? The fish are fine this morning. I am getting to one of the garden centers that sells bubblers. I don't know how to connect a new pump. I am so glad I bought that bubbler last year.

Anything that will create water movement will help. The more turbulence that can be created at the water's surface, the better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Good news! The waterfall came to life! There was a darn water hyacinth sucked into the pump.

We have two pumps, but one is shut down because the waterfall it controls leaks quite a bit because the guy who built the waterfalls did not put liner underneath either one. The worse offender was shut down in the fall. I had that guy out at least twice to tend to that leaking waterfall and for some reason, all he did was re-adjust the rock. :confused:

I wrote to the website where I got the faulty bubbler. I might just order a four bubbler unit, just to be really prepared. I rushed outside this morning, hoping to find the fish still alive. Thankfully, they all look fine.

Ask a Question