GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1533729844563.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hmmm. I can hardly wait.... The other day I stopped at a gas station to get gas. I pulled up to the pump on the wrong side of the car even though I have had my car 5 years. I was thinking I must of made that mistake because my wife's car is the opposite of mine. I drove over to the next pump so I could get gas. Got out of the car to pump the gas. Guess which side I pulled up on?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hmmm. I can hardly wait.... The other day I stopped at a gas station to get gas. I pulled up to the pump on the wrong side of the car even though I have had my car 5 years. I was thinking I must of made that mistake because my wife's car is the opposite of mine. I drove over to the next pump so I could get gas. Got out of the car to pump the gas. Guess which side I pulled up on?
Don't sweat it, chances are no one was looking. Next time look at your dashboard fuel level indicator , whatever side the little gas symbol is on, left or right of fuel level line is the side your gas cap is on.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good gosh I am 65 and never left my keys in my car or forgot my keys .The problem I had was finding my keys in the house because my dog hunter would steal my keys and lay on them .I would have to convince him to get up so I could look under him .That was hard when he weighed in at 135 lbs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Good stories! Reminds me of my own, years ago I was visiting my parents. Went grocery shopping with my dad. We came out of the store and went to his car, but it was gone. We thought we were looking in the wrong area. We walked all over that parking lots looking for his car. Just before we were going to go to a PAYPHONE, to call the police, my dad realized he had driven my mom's car instead of his, and both of us had forgotten, while we shopped. True story. We wasted a good 30 min. looking for the wrong car.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Don't sweat it, chances are no one was looking. Next time look at your dashboard fuel level indicator , whatever side the little gas symbol is on, left or right of fuel level line is the side your gas cap is on.
Thanks Tara. I'm past the age were it would have made a difference to me if someone was looking at my mistakes. It was more an indication to myself that I was having an off day. That's interesting about the indicator but it is something I should be able to remember! Now recently my 24 your old daughter had a friend misplace a car and call the police because they forgot which car they took to the grocery store so hope these things happen to all ages! I do play games on line for enjoyment and to test my brain. So far I think I'm fine!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
When I was a kid, my parents owned a mid 60's Rambler. We came out of the bowling alley and our car was gone. There was another car almost exactly the same except it's roof was white. Turns out some guy had driven our car home and didn't even realize it. His key was able to start our car! Crazy right?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
His key was able to start our car! Crazy right?

Once when my middle son was still in high school, he and I both had a doctor's appointment in the same medical building on the same day. He dropped me at the door and then went to park his car. I finished first so I came out and found his car, unlocked it, got in, and started the engine. The radio went on. Took me a minute to realize something was wrong - my son's radio was broken. I had unlocked and started the WRONG CAR! Who knew that was even possible!

Another time I was grocery shopping with my youngest son. Brought my cart of groceries out to the minivan, opened the side door, buckled my son in the car seat and pushed the cart to the rear of the car. Opened the trunk to find it was already full of stuff - and not my stuff. That's when I realized - not my car! Same color, same child seat just someone else owned it. haha! I later realized it must not have been locked - when I hit the button to unlock it and heard the "beep beep" my car was close enough that it responded. That one was embarrassing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Once when my middle son was still in high school, he and I both had a doctor's appointment in the same medical building on the same day. He dropped me at the door and then went to park his car. I finished first so I came out and found his car, unlocked it, got in, and started the engine. The radio went on. Took me a minute to realize something was wrong - my son's radio was broken. I had unlocked and started the WRONG CAR! Who knew that was even possible!

Another time I was grocery shopping with my youngest son. Brought my cart of groceries out to the minivan, opened the side door, buckled my son in the car seat and pushed the cart to the rear of the car. Opened the trunk to find it was already full of stuff - and not my stuff. That's when I realized - not my car! Same color, same child seat just someone else owned it. haha! I later realized it must not have been locked - when I hit the button to unlock it and heard the "beep beep" my car was close enough that it responded. That one was embarrassing!
I guess it's not (or maybe was) not that uncommon for keys to fit more than one car. And your second situation was crazy too! Especially the child car seat!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It’s probably not that uncommon but I wonder what the chances of two cars that are keyed the same would end up in the same parking lot? And now that it’s all electronic, no one will ever have fun stories like these to share! Haha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You know hearing these stories, it reminds me of an indecent with Mom and Day when I was a teen. A small local store that sold the Sunday newspapers, fresh milk and bread would close early every Sunday. So after last Mass it would get a lot of traffic. My Dad pulled up, Mom hops out to go in, so cars would be moving as some left and others came. My Day pulls back a little to let another car pull in fully, it's two farmer brothers with hygiene issues we all know, one brother gets out and heads inside. So Mom comes out chatting away with a neighbor, and they stand on the curb still chatting, without paying any attention, Mom opens the door on the car in front, and off it goes. To this day I'll never forget how my Dad laughed, when the car drove around the corner, he was weak with laughter just saying, Jesus did she not smell anything. We waited for his brother and followed them around the corner. When we pulled up, poor mom got out and was mortified. The poor brother who took off with Mom said when he heard the car door open he was watching the mirrors for a chance to pull out, just left without a glance. Poor mom the jokes were relentless all week.

Ask a Question