Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6680.JPG
IMG_6681.JPG
IMG_6682.JPG
I am trying an experiment..... I had to dig up a Taro plant that didn't fit in with what my Master Garden Designer....Aka..... Sarah.... So I am trying this, putting in between the rocks in my waterfall stream, no dirt just bare root.... Been in about a week, doesn't look good but it's still alive. And yes Meyer I know the danger of Taro getting away from you been dealing with it for years.... Lol.... Just something to try, growing it bare root among the rocks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I much more afraid of that chameleon plant you have growing... SO INVASIVE!
Thankfully it has stayed nicely contained in its plant basket, thanks to my plant triming Killer Koi, can't have any Parrots feather except what's in the baskets, they leave my water lilies and cabbage alone other than the fact that they should be arranged to the way they like it instead of me......Also bought some water hyacinth, they decided they like to eat the bulbs..... Uggggh.....love my Koi, just wish they would leave my plants alone
IMG_6659.JPG
IMG_6660.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Thankfully it has stayed nicely contained in its plant basket, thanks to my plant triming Killer Koi, can't have any Parrots feather except what's in the baskets, they leave my water lilies and cabbage alone other than the fact that they should be arranged to the way they like it instead of me......Also bought some water hyacinth, they decided they like to eat the bulbs..... Uggggh.....love my Koi, just wish they would leave my plants alone View attachment 102016View attachment 102017
lol ur kois r well mannered infront of mine , they eat waterlily too
I have it between rocks too , no dirt just it has stable place to sit , one is in running water without any dirt but its roots wil trap some
looks like ur pool is connected to the pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just wait for winter.............all Taro dead!
Fortunately here in zone 7 .... It will die back in the winter, but comes back with a vengeance in the spring, we give away a ton of elephant ears, Cannas, bananas, and lilies every spring

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Fortunately here in zone 7 .... It will die back in the winter, but comes back with a vengeance in the spring, we give away a ton of elephant ears, Cannas, bananas, and lilies every spring
I just wait for winter.............all Taro dead!
it should come back i think the root is bulky alot of food stored ? we eat it as vegetable its like boiled potato

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6735.JPG
IMG_6736.JPG
IMG_6737.JPG
If this is a true taro (Colocasia), it will do well in that spot. If however, it is an Alocasia (Elephant Ear) it will not. It will quickly develop rot rot.
Here you go Meyer..... Invasive little beast..... I started out with one plant 12 years ago..... At one time had dozens, trimmed it down to only four "Volunteers"... This year..... But you have to admire them they are survivors..... The worst zone 7 winter won't kill them.... And the one as an experiment is peeping a leaf out from under the waterfall with roots.... Going to leave it and see if it will survive the winter bare root in the water flow..... Jimmy

Ask a Question