Trying something new

Reaction score
Ok so I picked up some foam board insulation cut several holes into it and the put in plant baskets for hydrophonics. I figured Id try growing some regular lettuce and cabbage by floating them in the middle of my pond. Hoping it will work two fold. Give me some roots to help with my pond and produce something I can eat. Every time I try planting things normally the deer eat the heck out of them. Im hoping they wont bother with it floating in the middle pf my 25x38 pond

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
wow! Cool idea! The deer were particularly bad this year in our yard. I caught them on my IP cam right next to the pond.. and the pond is in a very protected location in our yard, with porch, garage, and house on three sides, shrubs on 4th. They actually walked right through the viburnum and ate up a euoymous bush. Let us know how the gardening works out!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Will be interesting to find out how it works. So you just pull it to shore when you need to and push it back out again. Deer do swim don't they? I think they wouldn't swim out there just to eat your crops tho would they? Pictures of it all growing would be cool to see.

Ask a Question