trying to build eco pond

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to pond building and trying to downsize an existing pond to a smaller due to having a young child. We purchased a Blagdon Mayfly 150 as we have a small location to place it. We want to keep a pond in the garden as we have a lot of frogs and toads visiting and want to keep them coming for our garden eco system. I would like to make it environmentally friendly so was looking at solar powered pumps. The pond is only 150 litres so of small size. I found 1 pump which states it can move 150L/H but 8t says its a feature pump, Will this be able to move the water into a filtering system? Also there are some lillies in the existing pond that would be good to move, how is the best way to do this?
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Rob

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
By on line conversion that is only 39 gallons. Lilies usually need around 3-4 feet of water to spread out as they grow. That might be too small for lilies. How big is your current pond?

Ask a Question