136.9 KB · Views: 34

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Looks like its pic- not the best choice. Epdm is much better, 45 mil is the usual thickness. Any chance you can return and upgrade it? Big box stores don't usually carry epdm

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sure we could. I guess I should research edpm versus what we got.

Does it last longer or something?

This liner was $120 bucks and I croaked! I had no idea plastic with maybe a little rubber could be so expensive.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright....I just read a thread in here on it.
Uh...I guess I'll start looking for another liner. In my defense, there is no sun or plant life that can grow anywhere around my pond. Does that make a difference?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I'm sure we could. I guess I should research edpm versus what we got.

Does it last longer or something?

This liner was $120 bucks and I croaked! I had no idea plastic with maybe a little rubber could be so expensive.
EPDM is almost forever...

Nice work! let's keep going eh eh

About liner i pass on it, coz i'm not enough pro.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah. I can see what you're saying, with our pond being so close to the house it's got to be right.

The rest of this story is we went to a specialized pond store this weekend and the guy there said that liners (like everything else) have tripled in price since 2020 he quoted us like $450.

I understand now that it was probably for an epdm liner. So I bought the one at Lowes not realizing there was a difference.

At those prices...I'm thinking about doing concrete and pond paint again. Instead of a liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If no rocks in pond, no fish, and no plants, then PVC liner is no problem. When it fails, replace it. Easy. Add any of those other things, and I'd be looking into something with more longevity like EPDM or RPE.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
thing is, IF the pvc liner DOES fail, I wouldn't want to be the one having to dig up all them rocks and whatnot and then re-lining it, sooooooo, my vote is exchange it. And there should be some better prices out there--don't accept one salesman's word that liners have doubled in price. Think I paid $1100 for hdrpe, 40x30' back in 2019. And HDRPE is cheaper, lighter, and tougher than epdm. Jus' sayin' :cool:

smilie-masked-both-directions2.gif

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow! That's much better than what that guy quoted me. Hmm... maybe I won't do concrete, render and pond paint. Thanks for the tip!

Reaction score
Country
United States
thing is, IF the pvc liner DOES fail, I wouldn't want to be the one having to dig up all them rocks and whatnot and then re-lining it, sooooooo, my vote is exchange it. And there should be some better prices out there--don't accept one salesman's word that liners have doubled in price. Think I paid $1100 for hdrpe, 40x30' back in 2019. And HDRPE is cheaper, lighter, and tougher than epdm. Jus' sayin' :cool:

View attachment 144642
Now that's a pond! Do you have pictures of it on this forum?

Ask a Question