tubing and clamps

Reaction score
Hi all, I am in the process of ordering my pond parts and I have come to the "plumbing". I know my waterfall filter has a 1.24" inlet and my submersible pump supports multiple sizes, so I was looking at 1.25" corrugated tubing and clamps. My question is: Do the clamps when tightened prevent water from leaking out? It seems flimsy to me. Also, is it okay to use the stainless clamps in water on submersible pump?

Thanks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am not sure I would use corrugated tubing. I would think it would be hard to seal well. I know they sell it for tubing for ponds, just something I would not use. Pvc would be a better choice in my opinion. Stainless clamps are fine. Don't leave any of the end of the clamp uncovered so your fish can run into it.

Reaction score
Thanks...When you say PVC, are you talking about the flexible PVC? is that attached with a clamp?

Thanks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They do sale the flexible pond tubing, since your pump is a submersible you probably could use it without problems. Mine is external, I use the rigid pvc. We do attach the pump to the pvc with the rubber flexible couplings.

I made a diy vacuum with the pond flexible tubing, it did seem to seal ok with the clamp. The stainless steel will work in the pond.

It is just something I don't use, for my pond plumbing. I prefer the hard pvc tubing. so I can't say anything about it with any real experience in using it.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I realize this thread is 3 weeks old, but others may benefit from this info. Standard hose clamps have a stainless steel band, but the housing and the screw it holds are not ss! For a little extra money you can get ALL stainless clamps. It is worth it anywhere the clamp is either in the water or in contact with the ground. John

Ask a Question