j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat photo and is it true that sometimes if a turkey gets caught in a rain storm that if he holds his head up towards the rain he will drown? I have heard they aren't too smart :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Try and sneak up on one and see how dumb they are. great vision, ugly birds, don't ever chase babies the adults have a claw on the inside of the leg that can tear you up.

Last edited:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Try and sneak up on one and see how dumb they are. great vision, ugly birds, don't ever chase babies the adults have a claw on the inside of the leg that can tear you up.
And wings strong enough to break your arm!
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Neat photo and is it true that sometimes if a turkey gets caught in a rain storm that if he holds his head up towards the rain he will drown? I have heard they aren't too smart :rolleyes:
I've heard of that happening among farm-raised birds. I think the brains have been bred right out of them! :dummy:
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The story of cutting the head off and the bird running around for a minute is true though . When i played football in high school one of the mothers invited the team to thanksgiving. ONLY 20 GUYS WENT BUT WE HAD TO go a day early and help we had to catch a greased pig that was HILARIUS.... AND THEN CAME THE TURKEYS..... we had no clue and ricky who house/ farm it was deliberately didn't tie the feet just a bad over the head, when the axe came down the damn thing jumped and ran, headed for the biggest guy on the team he dropped like a rock ... the damn bird didn't get far but damage was done and we were on the ground rolling...... the good old days

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
BETTER than a turkey though was the kid with pants ten times to big for him when he though trying to grab a geese by the neck was a good idea.. never laughed so hard in my life that bird showed that dumb ass who was boss kid tried to run but with those pants they were at his ankles and the thin boxers didn't appear to provide too much protection between those huge wings flapping beating on him and the goose biting his ass and legs. it clearly would have gone viral but that was the early 90's

Ask a Question