Turning a dream into a reality!

Fell in love with garden ponds many years ago- but never seemed to be the RIGHT TIME! Well Saturday was the day to start this amazing journey to make this dream come true!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love to watch a dream turn into reality. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We have had so much rain- that my poor pond project as been stalled. Hoping to get the liner in tonight and start rocking ..... fingers crossed! This project sure went faster "in my head"!

Attachments

• IMG_7811.JPG
    IMG_7811.JPG
    308.3 KB · Views: 241
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
dreampond updated Turning a dream into a reality!

Wow- all I can say is this ole girl is out of shape! Working at the pond slow and steady.....man this is a lot of work! But the joy I'm receiving already is amazing! Just wish it were done so I could really enjoy! I've added about 18" or so of water while I work on the wall for the active bog-I'm getting there - I think! Got a few plants and just sat them to edge of pond until bog is done. Put in a hardy lily, golden swords, chameleon plant, horsetail, pennywort, blue pickerel rush and white pickerel rush and some water hyacinth. Also hooked up a temporary filter with pump-5 gallon bucket- pea gravel and batting (so far working great to keep water moving and clean). Once I get bog filter done I'll fill pond rest of way and hook up the skimmer and waterfall filter! Did I say that this is going very slowly! Also added 2 shubunkins and 3 sarassa comets. Other than some help moving big boulders, I'm doing everything myself....so far I still have all my fingers and toes and other than a few bruises....I'm still walking....I guess that's success so far! Thank goodness I still work full time otherwise I may have been laying face down in the pond by now!
:)

View updates to this showcase item...

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well he is really hands on and love the pic of him in the hole with his hand up .I have fallen and can't get out .:LOL:

Ask a Question