Turning upper pond/waterfall into bog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I have a lower pond which is about 1700 gallons and a upper preformed pond that is around 400. I have a 1/3 hp pump going from lower to upper . I was thinking of using the upper pond as a bog for filtration . Any suggestions ? Is this possible ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 293
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I'll be interested to read the answers from the experts. Isn't Addy the official bog lady?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol not sure if I am the official one. I do only have a bog as my ponds filtration and a ton of plants. It keeps the pond in great shape.

You could easily do that. Have you water go up through the bottom of the pea gravel or whatever you use, plant a bunch of plants let it flow down into the pond. Make sure your exit is nice and big.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup! Lay some piping with a bunch of holes drilled in it, fill with gravel and turn on the water - it'll be easy! Haha! Seriously though - that should work great. I think you'll love having a bog - I know we do!

Ask a Question