Turtle pond build

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
cool design, but…..Yeah, I don’t know about that keeping them in there. Saying he went around and caught turtles studying their climbing habits in his boat for this design seems a bit silly and probably for effect. Not bad idea

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
doesn't take a rocket scientists to figure that a vertical SMOOTH wall larger than the turtle will do the job , but it may give @Mmathis some ideas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My visiting painter has disappeared. miss the little guy but just as well , they started chasing the fish , not much competition but it could have skinned one doing some damage.@jhn do your terapins go for the fish ?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
My visiting painter has disappeared. miss the little guy but just as well , they started chasing the fish , not much competition but it could have skinned one doing some damage.@jhn do your terapins go for the fish ?
Sounds like it’s best if Murtyle moved on.

No, all 7 of my turtles ignore the fish, including the wood turtle. Even if they did get some I have so many I don’t worry about it. Of course when I am out there they are all focused on me. Even when they don’t see me though, they tend to be basking or just cruising around.

All the terrapins were/are in ponds with fish their whole lives and being fed by me. If I put I wild caught one in there I am guessing all bets are off.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like it’s best if Murtyle moved on.

No, all 7 of my turtles ignore the fish, including the wood turtle. Even if they did get some I have so many I don’t worry about it. Of course when I am out there they are all focused on me. Even when they don’t see me though, they tend to be basking or just cruising around.

All the terrapins were/are in ponds with fish their whole lives and being fed by me. If I put I wild caught one in there I am guessing all bets are off.
i was amazed how smart the turtle was it would swim over and stare at me until i fed her.

she went after all the fish big and small if she had thined out babies no biggie but she went for 20 inch fish too

Ask a Question