Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Thought some of you may want to know what the majority of the turtles eat. Each container is 30 oz. and they eat about 6 to 8 containers full every 45 days at a cost of roughly $100.00

20160407_181749.jpg
20160407_181817.jpg

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
What do you feed your turtles that are over 6" ?
Fresh veggies, shrimp, krill & protein meal. Also if needed they get specialized vitamin diets and all of my turtles both under and over that size get "treats" now and then.
Realistically though, the "6 inch & under" size recommendation on the label is really a very generalized tip and does not always stand up to the reality of how diverse these fellas can be and are. I have some turtles who will never get any larger than about 5 inches and obviously feeding an adult this high protein growth formula would not be healthy. I generally use these pellets as a base of their diet and then add other foods to tailor the diet to the individual turtles needs. Also, some of the turtles refuse to eat this food altogether due to it being un-palatable to them or because the "floating pellet/stick" format does not fit their natural feeding instinct

Ask a Question