Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
The sanctuary work I have been doing is completed now and is open for full tours in person and a virtual tour online. The upgrades were a new climate control system that manages temperature, humidity, suspended particulates & flow pressure which allows me to both keep the parameters within healthy limits as well as creating virtual ecosystems by adding/removing humidity and matching temps to a climate model. The turtles seem to like the breeze machine the best though as they all compete for a spot in front of the outputs. The most labor intense upgrade was the heated floor and ceramic heat panels (ceiling) because the floor system required adding 3.5" of cement. The ceramic ceiling tiles allow heat to be emitted from above without requiring light so that they can bask at night if they get cold or if they eat late. Total cost for the equipment was $8,427.01 which the rescue payed $2,000.00 of and I took care of the rest from personal funds. The labor was free and done by myself (electrical & HVAC) and 3 volunteers (2 masons and a carpenter) who are friends of the rescue as well as owners of adopted turtles. The virtual tour is compatible with any PC running Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8 or my distro of Linux M1-Linux. Because of the large file size of the tour it is located in a closed block on my servers and therefore if you want to view it you will need an access link which I will gladly share with anyone who wants to view the sanctuary tour which also includes a tour of the QT area (medical/surgery) and the rescue main area. The only area that does have a virtual tour available is the box-turtle rescue-sanctuary but I am working on one and should have it soon. Once again if you want to view the tour let me know and I will add you to the list and soon as the tour servers are propegated and the access codes generated I will send you the link(s).
PS: A huge thank you to everyone who supports the rescue because without you all this would not have been possible (y)
a8304201-af04-4890-85c6-62fbe423f05b.jpg

Ask a Question