Two storms in under a week

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Merry Christmas all :D we started Christmas with a bag and a flash Christmas Eve Christmas Morn with Thunder and Lightening and yet more heavy rain throughut the South West and the UK with flooding, electrics out, flights from Gatwick airport suspended due to a power cut, trees down etc
Here we were lucky we didnt get flooding nor power outs but say a prayer for all those thousands who have "may they have their Chistmases saved.
Sadly though we have yet another storm barreling across the Atlantic due to hit us Sunday Monday of this coming week so more of the same I'm afraid all we can do is celibrate Christmas as best we can.
Lots of Presents still left to open including my Silver Anniversary present to Val a "winged Isis" looking forwards to that .
Two of the three books Val ordered for me have arrived and have been opened oh my what a treasure chest of fish Disease information with the second book being the Rosetta Stone Drug and Chemicals used in treatment of fish diseases with dose levels chemical make ups Antibiotics their uses of mesurements everything you need to know making it that much easier to comunicate between Profesional and Novice/Advanced "Senior Aquarist" level to just starting Aquarium or pond .
This is I can see it going to be invaluable to us in treating our fish (so cool)......... :D :D :D

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hang in there Dave the storms are making our news.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope no big problems w/ any of these new storms heading your way Dave! Glad you are having a nice Christmas despite all the weather chaos :cheerful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to get in a vortex clean and 30% waterchange today in what could only be described as the lull before the next storm set to hit late Sunday early Monday the last one to hit us saw winds up at the 100mph mark weve had a land slip near plymouth taking out a road and stranding cars until the hole is filled in flooding in other Counties treas down damage to proprerty flooding one death powerouts this is ontop of the flooding and damage done before .
So its going to be more of the same

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Those are some crazy storms you are having. Stay safe, hope they all come to an end soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sat here with the wind rattling round the outside of the flat and down the chimney all but blowing the gas fire out.
The rain is sheeting it down and this is going to be hitting us for the next 24 hours or so , we can expect gusts of up t 85 mph during this time.
More bad news with the latest focaste for much of the week is going to be more gales more high winds more rain in an already sodden country, it can only lead to more flooding

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow Dave, be safe, hang in there. Hope your ponds survive and people too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Terrible for all of you involved w/ that nasty,nasty weather Dave. Praying you make it through w/ no injuries or damage.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We managed to get through the storm yesterday but on going out in the back garden I found that our new bench had been blown over (which is nothing really).
However there is an even bigger storm barreling across the Atlantic which is set to do even more damage,this at a time when the UK Goverment has anounced cutbacks and over 1,000 job losses in the emergancy response teams that tackle these events "they make me laugh this government they really do,"they couldnt organises their way out of a paper bag" .
They should be upping spending not cutting it perhaps if we stopped fighting wars and cut back on aid to corrupt governments in third world countries then we may have had the money to do this but after god knows how many years of fighting I think the piggy bank is empty not only here in the UK but in the US too.
The banking crisis is basically a cover up to write this cash off.
Non of this matters however to people who once thought a river or sea side premisis was a good investment but have now been flooded in some cases twice this winter some who now find that they can no longer afford insurance on their homes because the premiums have shot up so darn much.
Looking at the lawn it is sodden this is the same everywhere the land is at full capacity leading to flooding .
Looking at a satelite picture of what is heading our way on the paper this morning it looks a huge storm .
To put it in a nutshell Britain is going to have to completely overhaul its responses to these ever increasing events
Hopefully I can finish the routine work on the pond before the next one hits tomorrow without getting wet or blown off my feet

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Keep hanging on Dave,gosh it can only get better since you are experiencing the worst so much lately!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have never seen this intensity of storm fronts before Val and I were talking about it just yesterday.
Th wind is building up again outside and we are in for a deluge of rain with it with 80 mph winds expected.
Reports on the last storm are now in and it appears two men are dead through it tragically getting to close to the sea and being washed away by it, in one elsh seaside town the entire beach was moved up from where it normally was and moved across a road sea walls have been breached trees down homes reflooded along with powerout's.
Thankfully I wisely decided Saturday was the best of the two days and did the weekly water change and vortex purge.
It also appear's that the Jet stream has something to do with this , it being out of place again.

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Man I have only ever seen rain like we are getting at the moment in the US the cats are miserable because if the go out they get soaked
Pepsi our femal came into the bedroom this morning and shook herself like a dog showering us both with water then again after my shower we call it the Pepsi forcaste and Pepsi says its raining :D

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hope you are somehow saving all this rainwater you are getting Dave cuz the way you are going w/ your drastic weather patterns you may be in for a very hot dry Summer w/o any rain at all

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Bring that long dry summer on bring it on days chilling by the pond ah total bliss
By the way these weather patterns are yours not ours thy come from your side of the pond no wonder I'd only ever seen this rain in the US darn that jet stream

Dave

Ask a Question