U V light

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got a uv light to clear the water and it worked great. I bought a bottle of sludge remover it said I had to turn light off for 5 days. I turned the pump off but not the light it doesn't seem to be working as well. Could i have messed the bulb up?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome.

You left the light turned on, but you turned the pump off? So, there is no water flowing through the UV, is that what I’m understanding? Or am I totally confused...... What was the sludge buster for ifbthe UV was working....?

Please, tell us more about your pond! Pictures would be nice!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
UV bulb even though it looks like it is working It is not .I had a hose come loose and had the change the uv bulb because of it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @Bobb Townsend !

The story is a bit confusing - you were supposed to turn the UV off, but instead you turned the waterfall off? And now the UV light isn't working at all - or not working to clear the water?

More clarification please! And yes - more details! How big, how old, any fish, what kind, how many, type of filtration, etc. The more details the better! Pictures are always great!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Also inspect the quartz sleeve that the bulb sits in.
It may have developed a hard deposit on the water side that can be removed with vinegar.

Ask a Question