ULTIMA 2 VS. TETRA FILTER

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
mass
I have a tetra 400 filter you have to put the pump in the pond I have gravel on the bottom I was going to take out the gravel out to keep the bottom clear of muck .I was thinking of a retro bottom drain with a ultima 2000 filter what I want to no witch will give me a better job pump in the pond or drain in the pond with aeration

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would say that your immediate concern should be in addressing the fact that, based on your pond's current fish load, your biofiltration and flow rate are entirely insufficient. Although mechanical filtration (removing the muck) is important, it MUST be accompanied by adequate bioconversion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
mass
I would say that your immediate concern should be in addressing the fact that, based on your pond's current fish load, your biofiltration and flow rate are entirely insufficient. Although mechanical filtration (removing the muck) is important, it MUST be accompanied by adequate bioconversion.
I also have a savio skimmer and a savio water fall filter the spiro filter material get clog with muck

Ask a Question