addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Still have some tweaking to do..........right now camera protected by a garbage bag........the night vision may not work, in thinking about it the led's will reflect back, most likely.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The night vision works! lol so tickled, the camera lights are reflecting back slightly..............this is so much fun!
darn as it gets darker there is more reflection..................oh well work in progress. as they say

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That underwater camera is sooooooooooo cool. You can see all the fish really clear and the colors are very nice also. What a neat idea addy.
You guys should all take a look.............it's awesome! Can't wait to see what it's like in winter when the ice freezes over.....................well I can wait for winter but still it will be cool to be able to see them :fish2: :goldfish: :fish2:

Reaction score
Hi Addy, just checked the underwater cam and I can see what looks like a fish on it's side in the top left hand corner, it may not be, just thought I'd let you know,

Rory.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi Addy, just checked the underwater cam and I can see what looks like a fish on it's side in the top left hand corner, it may not be, just thought I'd let you know,

Rory.

Thanks, the camera is aimed up a little, that is a bunch of roots from hyacinths, penny wort and water mint. None floating at this time, well floating in the wrong manner.

Sorry, I was wrong, just went and looked under all the plants and found it, it was one of the egg bound ones. Thanks for the heads up

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We tweaked it again. Found a few things out in this experiment. The infrared lights create heat, makes the container sweat. Therefore going to look for a non night vision camera and add some led lights.

A wide angle will work a little better, this is a 5 mm lens. But it is viewing 15-20 feet across the pond and seeing the plants well on the far side.

I think I have more fish than I thought!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Addy, The underwater cam works really good. Are the larger orange ones the new fish you recently added? Sorry about that fish but that's kinda funny that someone in the UK knew about it before you did.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi Addy, The underwater cam works really good. Are the larger orange ones the new fish you recently added? Sorry about that fish but that's kinda funny that someone in the UK knew about it before you did.

Yeah, we weren't home, I had to go down and look under the lily pads to find it. The egg bound ones (rescue fish) have not lost the swollen look, so have been watching them pretty closely.
The larger orange ones and that white butterfly looking one are some of the added fish.

We are still playing with it, called the learning curve....... But sure enjoy watching them swim around.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm enjoying it too. Hope it's not too much trouble working the bugs out for ya! Maybe the fish could help eat up a few for ya B)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
some sample pictures from our cam
This one is a ham, loves to hang out near the camera

CH02_2011_09_05_17_35_00.jpg

CH02_2011_09_05_10_15_10.jpg

CH02_2011_09_05_10_22_32.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I see him/her often. Right now it is dark there and seeing weird lights in one window................lot's of white lights in circles.............psychedelic, lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We now have two true underwater cams, i.e. not a camera in a fish tank sunk in the pond. They work a lot better. The night vision still is not real good, a lot of bubbles, floaters, at least right now with all the rain we have had. But it is neat to see the ghost fish swim by.

Neither are set in a permanent way, right now wired to a piece of pvc stuck into the pond, balanced on some rocks.

This is sort of like having a aquarium in the house without any of the work.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Those are pretty good videos coming through on your underwater cameras. Will be neat to see what they do in the winter and how active or unactive they are when the pond is covered by snow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You can really see them clear and see all the different colors big as day! So cool addy! I too will be watching in the winter to see how they live under there with snow and ice covering them. Bet they really slow down a lot! You have such a nice array of colored fish. Saw a oj and white striped one and white one w/ black tail. All very beautiful!

Ask a Question