addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jw check out the underwater cam! We got the skimmer running, I cut the weir in two days ago what a pain but it does not leak!........the water went unreal clear now, half the pond was not getting real good flow.

Now the heron can really see the fish!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a line running into the pond in the deep end, now have a T that goes to the skimmer and bottom then to the pump. Have a ball valve on the skimmer line, need to put one on the pond line so I can push more flow to the skimmer when the leaves begin to drop.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
On the line that goes to the bottom do you some sort of screen on it to keep fish from getting sucked in?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
On the line that goes to the bottom do you some sort of screen on it to keep fish from getting sucked in?

Yes I put the black 3 inch flex tubing around the pvc, the drainage stuff with the small slits in it. My skimmer is a pool skimmer, hayward, with a large weir, if I remember right 14 inches.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It looks really good Addy, how many fish do think is in there now? they all look very happy.

unknown, lol, we are guessing 100 plus. There is still lots of room for them. Water tests are always zero. We have only had an issue with ph, our well is 5.5

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I watch them more than I watch the tv right below them lol, I have a few show offs, they seem to hang around the cam. We have two in the water, but ran out of ports, so swapping out drv's lol. Honey asked how many do I need to watch the fish..............I said.........umm 8?
giggle..............I want to get some good underwater lights for the winter so we can watch them over winter. Put the lights on a timers. without lights it will be all night vision, no color. I will have the two underwater cam's set up. Might be boring to watch them sleeping all summer....opps winter! lol

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see their movements in the winter.

I will be putting a big bit of clay pipe in my pond when the cold kicks in proper, to give them cover, good for them, but I probably won't see them again until spring.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pond is deep enough, they are pretty protected, but I might float something so they feel more protected until it freezes over. They have plenty of plant cover , but tend to hang out in the deep end that has minimal plant cover. The deep end is around 5 feet.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Missed your post about the underwater camera today. Went for a bike ride this afternoon for a couple hours. Too dark now to view it. Will check it tomorrow.

Ask a Question