underwater footage.. basement pond

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i just had to try this, i stuck my camera in a ziploc sandwich bag and shot this video..so just for future knowledge you can get some underwater action without spending the money on a underwater camera.....would be nice to see EXACTLY where the cameras recording tho........
[ame]

Reaction score
dude, you've got b@ll$! My hubby would kill me if I tried that with our camera!

Can't believe your fish aren't even spooked by the thing in the water. Basement pond looks great. Nice and clean!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Airic....thanx
koikeepr..........i was born with 'em, some of my fish will swim right up into my hands
stoppy........they're gettin pretty big, but you can definately see it better under water thanx
DrDave...... i figured it was worth a couple minutes to try and yeah it works pretty well, i did make sure to keep the bag snug and flat over the lens area

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Very cool Koiguy
A few more bubbles and some Jaws music i would feel like i was down there

Reaction score
I know! I keep looking at it to get a better gander at some of the fish individually. There's a couple of orange/black ones that are really attractive. I would never have the guts to stick my camera in there like that.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
OK; who is going to be the first to lose a camera trying this? LOL
My advice is to use the new bags that have two locking strips.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this is what i did so if you want to try it..put your camera in the bag upside down so when you turn it right side up, the bag is upside down...this will cut the chances of water getting in right down to almost nada. and zip it up with just enough opening to suck the air out. if your lens comes out when you turn on the camera do these things with the lens out.or it wont come out with the baggy sucked down around it. then just make sure its smooth and flat across the lens. if your unsure tape up the opening too! i think the double zipper would be a plus also

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
as ive already lost one camera by dropping it in the pond ...i think i will give it a miss, anyway as all mine are the same colour there not much point ....i think we should get DrCase to give it a try ...hes always up for a laugh !!! :(

Ask a Question