underwater footage.. basement pond

Reaction score
Very cool, koiguy! I love how unnoticable it was entering the water.

I want to build something like that next spring in my basement, is it a wood frame? How do you work the lighting, is it on a timer and does it spook the fish when it first blinks on? What would you do differently if you could start again?

I'd love to do it right NOW, but the old plastic pond in the corner is all ready filled with fish for the winter...sigh, summer is too short.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Dragonfly,
the barely noticable submersion...you know i was kind of suprised by that also! and yes it is an all wood construction 2x4s and 5/8 sheathing, and about 3lbs of 3" deck screws. and i built the 55 gal filter too. i have a timer but, i turn the lights on in the morning, feed them and i feed them at night then turn them off. and i know what you mean about short summers.

Reaction score
We have a black and white underwater camera and tv hooked up to spy on our fish

Reaction score
That is a great idea. I'm suprized that there is not a product out there for koi ponds. I can see it now. A fake rock camera and light + blue tooth connection. They have them for your garden plants, why not one for a koi pond yet?

And there is no way I'm going to try and stick my camera under the water. Give me a year and I may try it then.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you guys scared me so i didnt use the good camera this time. but i was bored and decided to do another underwater clip...this is a camera that was already screwed up so...here goes.....
[ame]

Reaction score
beautiful, healthy looking fish....do they realize how lucky and spoiled they are....and you are so lucky to be able to see them all winter!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That's pretty cool! I might have to try something like that! I watched about 10 utube videos watching fish. Got me side tracked! LOL

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
thanx Marla....Ive seen yours and you got some nice specimens. mine arent anything special but theyre mine and i like them.
fishin'.....ya talking tryin' the underwater filming or the basement pond?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
koiguy1969 said:
thanx Marla....Ive seen yours and you got some nice specimens. mine arent anything special but theyre mine and i like them.
fishin'.....ya talking tryin' the underwater filming or the basement pond?

Underwater filming, I got no basement. LOL If I build a basement pond I'll have to raise the house, I think I would rather build a whole new house instead!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Stroppy... i hope to have them outside within a month...unless i can find a way to swing a pond rebuild. that would make me, and the fish "happier than a tornadoe in a trailer park!"
Addy.........I'd like a nice underwater camera. but I think I've probably annoyed everyone enough with my videos already! If I had a camera for it I'd Probably be in the ponds playing Jaques Custeau...lol
Fishin'..... DO IT!!!!

Ask a Question