Underwater Warehouse?

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from Underwater Warehouse before and if so, what was your experience? I placed an order for a new pump last Thursday and since they're fairly local to me I thought I might receive it this past weekend. I left my pump in too late last year and it froze up a bit and is now tripping the GFI so I need a new one asap. I realize it hasn't been that long yet but I've left two phone messages and sent an email to UW with no response and no pump yet - I'm hoping they're even still in business and I didn't just send $130 into a black hole via paypal!?
Beth

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If your pump is in the water why would it freeze up if that did fish would have too wouldn't they .I had a fountain at my house in NJ and left the pump in there every winter for 5 years and it never froze up .sure it's just not stuck or dirts in it .

Reaction score
No idea why but we had a real long/hard cold snap and the pump was no longer able to draw water into the skimmer. I put it back in last week and it would run for about 45 seconds and then the GFI trips. Not sure what exactly's wrong with it but it's not working and I need to get a new one asap to get the water circulating again now that it's warming up.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they are still in business and there live chats off they had a phone number on there sight for 215-244-4300 if thats the one you dealt with .The weather conditions and flooding are causing delays in shipment for everything

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have used them before they are out of Ohio ,but that was a year ago .Had great shipping then no problems for me

Reaction score
Thanks Sissy! Guess I'll wait a few more days and hope it arrives. If not I guess I'll get another one at the local garden supply or somewhere I can get expedited shipping and I'll have to take the matter up with paypal since I can't get a reply from UW. :(
Beth

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry to hear they do not reply good luck and hope you get your pond back up and running

Reaction score
New pump was delivered today and my faith is restored. Lesson for me for future reference - UW might not be great about responding to calls or email but they did ship quickly. Pond is back up and running and my fish are happy! Everyone made it through the winter including the babies and my liner didn't float this winter, all is well with my little finned friends. :(
Beth

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good great to hear and good luck, patience will alway pay off have confidence and shall be rewarded

Reaction score
If or when you take your pump out of your pond for the winter you are supposed to store it in a bucket of water. This keeps the seals from drying out.

Reaction score
Thanks, yes we did that. Turns out the electric cord on the old pump was bad. It had a small break in the wire casing and the connection on the pump looks like it was failing too. Makes sense now as to why it was tripping the GFI! Hubby's going to try to rewire it so maybe we can salvage it as a spare.

Reaction score
Rbritt said:
Thanks, yes we did that. Turns out the electric cord on the old pump was bad. It had a small break in the wire casing and the connection on the pump looks like it was failing too. Makes sense now as to why it was tripping the GFI! Hubby's going to try to rewire it so maybe we can salvage it as a spare.

Cool. How old is your pump? I hope mine lasts for a few years because they are so expensive.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have 2 small pumps from my first pond I still use for my spitters and they are 6 years old and got them at harbor freight and they cost me less than 20 dollars and I have 2 940 gph from there bought extended warranty and in 2 years they only had to replace one and the other one no problems and I just got 1 from them 1268 gph for 22 dollars .Since I have had such great luck with them I stay with them .Pumps can cost a lot of money and I don't want to put that kind of money out .

Reaction score
Sorry to say I'm not having any luck with this company. Firstly I placed an order back in February 27 and as of April 7 still did not receive. I sent an email and we finally got it about 1-2 weeks after that. We were using it obviously as soon as it was received and it was working great. Then on May 26 my husband woke up to find that the bottom lip of the tank snapped off. Thank god there was about a foot of water in the bottom for all of our fish. I contacted the company by email on that same date. I STILL have not heard back from them! This is now my third time contacting them and to no avail. I tried calling and the number is busy. I tried using their online support, which says they were online and it came up on the chat saying they were not available. I'm at a loss!!! Does anyone know where the actual FishMate company is, I guess our next step to is to contact them directly. Our pond now is disgustingly dirty and we're worried about our many fish (approx 100 fish)

Ask a Question