Unhappy Common

Reaction score
I recently acquired some new fish to go with my small Goldfish, namely shebumkins, grass carp and some fish I don't know the breed, along with a couple of larger Common Carp, around 3 and 5lb. These are much bigger than anything else in the pond, but in the 4 days I have had them, I have noticed that the larger one isn't eating... Ive got pond pellets and koi sticks, which all the other fish are gulping up like mad, but everytime the larger Common Carp tries some, it just spits them out. I even tried a little bread.
It generally seems a bit unhappy, although it is being followed by all its new little buddies. Anything I should looking for or is this just a change of diet and environment?

Reaction score
I recently acquired some new fish to go with my small Goldfish, namely shebumkins, grass carp and some fish I don't know the breed, along with a couple of larger Common Carp, around 3 and 5lb. These are much bigger than anything else in the pond, but in the 4 days I have had them, I have noticed that the larger one isn't eating... Ive got pond pellets and koi sticks, which all the other fish are gulping up like mad, but everytime the larger Common Carp tries some, it just spits them out. I even tried a little bread.
It generally seems a bit unhappy, although it is being followed by all its new little buddies. Anything I should looking for or is this just a change of diet and environment?

rdk

Reaction score
This is the same thing that happen to me when I bought my new large goldfish. He would not eat the others were following him, he liked to hide. In a week he was fine and now he rules the pond. RDK

rdk

Reaction score
This is the same thing that happen to me when I bought my new large goldfish. He would not eat the others were following him, he liked to hide. In a week he was fine and now he rules the pond. RDK

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
probably just needs time to settle in, but a little strange if the other new ones are eating, your pond might be a little small for him 1000 litres is around 200 gallons isnt it ? or am i way off ?
and nice to see someone from my neck of the woods :0)

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
probably just needs time to settle in, but a little strange if the other new ones are eating, your pond might be a little small for him 1000 litres is around 200 gallons isnt it ? or am i way off ?
and nice to see someone from my neck of the woods :0)

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the replies, 200 gallons sounds about right, well thats what I have been told, I really should get the tape measure out... Is there a calculation for the volume X x Y xZ etc.?
I have to ask my friend who gave me them, what they were eating before

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the replies, 200 gallons sounds about right, well thats what I have been told, I really should get the tape measure out... Is there a calculation for the volume X x Y xZ etc.?
I have to ask my friend who gave me them, what they were eating before

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Ive just had a quick measure up, I make it about 3000 litres 240 x 250 x80cm = 4800 with roughly a third corner knocked off and couple shelves to the bottom... Is that 600 gallons, isnt it?

Ive just used one of those calculators for an irregular shape its came 4799 ltrs 1056 uk Gallons

Ask a Question