Unintended water change

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I guess my bog decided that my pond needed a partial water change. So it leaked out about an inch and a half of water. I found the leak, and put a stop to it. Only took about 15 minutes to find the leak, move some gravel around, and leak stopped, water flowing where it is supposed to. Turned on hose, and an hour later, all is well. This fall, I'll be thinning out the bog. It's a bit overgrown.
bog (Copy).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I guess my bog decided that my pond needed a partial water change. So it leaked out about an inch and a half of water. I found the leak, and put a stop to it. Only took about 15 minutes to find the leak, move some gravel around, and leak stopped, water flowing where it is supposed to. Turned on hose, and an hour later, all is well. This fall, I'll be thinning out the bog. It's a bit overgrown.View attachment 133733
I'm really glad to see this photo! My in-progress pond will be similar as far as the orientation of the bog and the height above the pond. I'm glad you solved your leak and thank you for sharing!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This fall, I'll be thinning out the bog. It's a bit overgrown.
I rip out about 1/2 of the plants every fall, ow like now you can see nothing but plants and they do redirect water flow. The mint took over just recently, easy to yank, but it is blooming the bees love it, so waiting for the mint to stop blooming. Then it will be pulled and tossed. I just toss over the bog hill then mow it. Sure smells great!

The yellow flag with be cut back by 1/2 also
20200910_091650.jpg

Ask a Question