Uniseal and pond liner?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
My bog filter will be a rectangular fountain with water intake on the bottom short side leading to the perforated PVC piping inside and waterfall from center of the long side.

Does anyone have experience with Uniseals going through pond liners? I am thinking 1.5" PVC going through.

Thanks,
CG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Unsealed are for barrells bulked fitting are for edpm rubber or other sheet goods

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I tried uniseals but ended up replacing them with bulk head fittings. As GBBUDD said, the unseals need a rigid wall.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bulked does not mount to the ply wood you need a large enough hole in the plywood or just run the pipe up over the top of the liner and hide it..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
The bulked does not mount to the ply wood you need a large enough hole in the plywood or just run the pipe up over the top of the liner and hide it..
Right, hiding it is possible for the incoming water pipe from the pump. It needs to be above the water level of the bog anyway, to avoid backflow into the pond if the pump fails. After a while there will be enough plants to hide the pipe.

I'll still need a bulkhead for the overflow drain - but that is not supposed to be used unless blockage of the waterfall.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are check valves "not a big fan of as they need lots of back pressure to work well."
Vacuum breaker works just like a check valve but in reverse the check valve closes when power goes out . the vacuum breaker closes when the power is on and opens when the power goes out then there is the simple small drilled hole in the pipe at the water line of the bog.

Ask a Question