Unnecessary guest on my fish fins

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by neha, Dec 13, 2017.

1. neha

neha

Hi , friends
    im Neha ,new to this group
    i am having an aquarium tank with 5 fishes in which two of them are are koi fish and two are gold fish and a black eye fish . the black eye fish has some tiny black small lines[ since last 1 month] in some parts of her fin which now has spread through to her body as well and i have tried some medicines like BACTONIL FW and GRANDFISH WHITE SPOT CURE but not got any successful results .all fishes are OK except one koi fish which has clamped fins and one goldfish with torn fin / tail . Since i have only 1 year experience with fishes i don't know what to do .i don't have any special equipment like water test kit .please kindly suggest me some remedies so that i can cure it .And how much time will it take to disappear from my fish?

neha, Dec 13, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. neha

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

Please tell us-
    -Size of the tank (capacity).
    -Size of fish
    -Level of biofiltration
    -Flow rate of pump

Meyer Jordan, Dec 13, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. neha

sissy sissy

Also can you put the one fish in a tank by himself to treat him

sissy, Dec 14, 2017
  4. neha

neha

tank is of 25 liters
    the fish is of 4 inch or10.6 cm [approximately]
    sorry but i dont know whether my filter is biofilter or any other and if is then i even dont know the level
    the fishes get oxygen through the filter itself so there is no need o air pump

today i noticed red streaks on her fins [back fins] and have separated her in a tub with an air pump [flow rate i dont know] and has tried a new mwdicine called PARACIDOL FW for only two hours and now she is again in her tank. She always sits on the stones and is not much active but will be when its food time.

neha, Dec 14, 2017
  5. neha

neha

today i noticed red streaks on her fins [back fins] and have separated her in a tub with an air pump [flow rate i dont know] and has tried a new mwdicine called PARACIDOL FW for only two hours and now she is again in her tank. She always sits on the stones and is not much active but will be when its food time.

neha, Dec 14, 2017
  6. neha

sissy sissy

You need a test kit .could be ammonia as koi produce a lot of waste and that is to small a tank for them .

sissy, Dec 14, 2017
  7. neha

neha

do you know how much it costs and from where i can get it online ?
    also the black eye fish is jumping out of water[not falling down on floor ] again and again since last month . and so i used to change the water from the tank after every 2 weeks and used to add aquarium salt . But now it has been a month but no improvement is seen . please kindly suggest something .
    : 365278, member: 10023"]mwdicine[/QUOTE]

neha, Dec 15, 2017
  8. neha

sissy sissy

Ammonia is causing it .API test kits are around 30 dollars and you can get them on ebay .Not sure where your water comes from but most city type water needs pretreated to get rid of harmful additives .Koi are never good in fish tanks .They get huge .They need lots of oxygen and a really good filter set up

sissy, Dec 15, 2017
  9. neha

neha

sorry but i think i can't afford API kit . can you please suggest something else . are you sure that it is because of ammonia. there are additives mainly chlorine so i used to add anti-chlorine medicine after changing of water.since i get transfer to another places every after three years i'm told not to buy a tank .

neha, Dec 16, 2017
  10. neha

sissy sissy

Nothing else but to test water to find out if PH or ammonia is off

sissy, Dec 16, 2017
  11. neha

JamieB

Try a big plastic tote. Are you treating the water before you add it? The water should be treated first. I’ve seen others in India on YouTube who have fish set ups, so try to find someone local, they might recommend a local brand test kit that will be affordable. Worst case, you’re stuck doing daily water changes. Just be sure to treat the water. And that can get expensive on the water treatment. Set up a bigger filter as well. YouTube has lots of DIY filters. Good luck kiddo.

JamieB, Dec 17, 2017
  12. neha

Rock Tillandsia

Rock, Dec 17, 2017
  13. neha

neha

thank you so much for your reply
    since my fish is affected from a month , i used to change 90 % of the water every second week but i have not get any successful results .
    i don't have any test kit so i can't check anything

neha, Dec 18, 2017
  14. neha

neha

thank you so much for your reply .
    can i please know what is a plastic tote
    i am treating the water only by anti chlorine medicine
    i will try to get a local brand test kit but it is not possible before january

neha, Dec 18, 2017
  15. neha

JamieB

85385C0C-8B76-4E34-A50D-F8225E01BC5F.png Something like this. A big plastic bin that will hold water, not leak, that is clean, has had no chemicals.

JamieB, Dec 18, 2017
  16. neha

Rock Tillandsia

have you ever use some antibiotic bath for treatment? if yes what color was the water after 24h ?
    if your answer is red means water hardness is up.
    quarantine your fish and treat him with oxytetracycline.
    you need to take the mineral out with a natural "water softener" such as" Kent Water Softener" in India .
    Another option is to use demineralized water for your tank like fountain water .

Rock, Dec 19, 2017
  17. neha

Rock Tillandsia

did you use antibiotics (oxytetracycline)for treat? If yes what color was tanks water after 24h? If RED means water hardiness is up.
    quarantine sick fish , use water softener or 100% natural water.

Rock, Dec 19, 2017
  18. neha

neha

:happy:

neha, Dec 20, 2017
  19. neha

neha

thank you so much but i have not tried any antibiotic bath.
    should i really need an anti biotic although i think i may not be able to .....afford it...if it is so costly..

today I saw the two goldfish and the black eye fish have red and torn fins [ all the fins are almost torn] so I added the medicine again BACTONIL FW as it has once cured my koi fish at the time of fin rot.

So I did 100 % water change[ full tank and gravels ] but have not added any medicine in the tank just aquarium salt .

neha, Dec 20, 2017
  20. neha

qclabrat

when in Asia, I see often too many fish in a tank and always amazed that that they are able to survive for as long as they do.

If you are able, can you send some pictures? Even if you medicate the tank and cure the problem in the short term, I would expect that you will have other issues. Knowing more about your setup will also allow us to provide you options to ensure healthier fish going forward.

Good luck Neha

qclabrat, Dec 21, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question