Unnecessary guest on my fish fins

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi , friends
im Neha ,new to this group
i am having an aquarium tank with 5 fishes in which two of them are are koi fish and two are gold fish and a black eye fish . the black eye fish has some tiny black small lines[ since last 1 month] in some parts of her fin which now has spread through to her body as well and i have tried some medicines like BACTONIL FW and GRANDFISH WHITE SPOT CURE but not got any successful results .all fishes are OK except one koi fish which has clamped fins and one goldfish with torn fin / tail . Since i have only 1 year experience with fishes i don't know what to do .i don't have any special equipment like water test kit .please kindly suggest me some remedies so that i can cure it .And how much time will it take to disappear from my fish?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Also can you put the one fish in a tank by himself to treat him

Reaction score
Country
India
Please tell us-
-Size of the tank (capacity).
-Size of fish
-Level of biofiltration
-Flow rate of pump
tank is of 25 liters
the fish is of 4 inch or10.6 cm [approximately]
sorry but i dont know whether my filter is biofilter or any other and if is then i even dont know the level
the fishes get oxygen through the filter itself so there is no need o air pump

today i noticed red streaks on her fins [back fins] and have separated her in a tub with an air pump [flow rate i dont know] and has tried a new mwdicine called PARACIDOL FW for only two hours and now she is again in her tank. She always sits on the stones and is not much active but will be when its food time.

Reaction score
Country
India
today i noticed red streaks on her fins [back fins] and have separated her in a tub with an air pump [flow rate i dont know] and has tried a new mwdicine called PARACIDOL FW for only two hours and now she is again in her tank. She always sits on the stones and is not much active but will be when its food time.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You need a test kit .could be ammonia as koi produce a lot of waste and that is to small a tank for them .

Reaction score
Country
India
You need a test kit .could be ammonia as koi produce a lot of waste and that is to small a tank for them .
do you know how much it costs and from where i can get it online ?
also the black eye fish is jumping out of water[not falling down on floor ] again and again since last month . and so i used to change the water from the tank after every 2 weeks and used to add aquarium salt . But now it has been a month but no improvement is seen . please kindly suggest something .
: 365278, member: 10023"]mwdicine[/QUOTE]

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ammonia is causing it .API test kits are around 30 dollars and you can get them on ebay .Not sure where your water comes from but most city type water needs pretreated to get rid of harmful additives .Koi are never good in fish tanks .They get huge .They need lots of oxygen and a really good filter set up

Reaction score
Country
India
Ammonia is causing it .API test kits are around 30 dollars and you can get them on ebay .Not sure where your water comes from but most city type water needs pretreated to get rid of harmful additives .Koi are never good in fish tanks .They get huge .They need lots of oxygen and a really good filter set up
sorry but i think i can't afford API kit . can you please suggest something else . are you sure that it is because of ammonia. there are additives mainly chlorine so i used to add anti-chlorine medicine after changing of water.since i get transfer to another places every after three years i'm told not to buy a tank .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
sorry but i think i can't afford API kit . can you please suggest something else . are you sure that it is because of ammonia. there are additives mainly chlorine so i used to add anti-chlorine medicine after changing of water.since i get transfer to another places every after three years i'm told not to buy a tank .
Try a big plastic tote. Are you treating the water before you add it? The water should be treated first. I’ve seen others in India on YouTube who have fish set ups, so try to find someone local, they might recommend a local brand test kit that will be affordable. Worst case, you’re stuck doing daily water changes. Just be sure to treat the water. And that can get expensive on the water treatment. Set up a bigger filter as well. YouTube has lots of DIY filters. Good luck kiddo.

Rock

Tillandsia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi Neha,
hope they will get better soon
water quality is very important in a closed circle aquarium.water circle is not complete
change %60 of tanks water as @JamieB mentioned
don't add anti-chlorine medicine while fishes are in tank,
just tap water keep in clean place for 48Hrs is enough no need to add anti-chlorine.

Just take a look at these
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/red-fins.4641/
http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?113413-Red-veins-and-Rapid-breathing
thank you so much for your reply
since my fish is affected from a month , i used to change 90 % of the water every second week but i have not get any successful results .
i don't have any test kit so i can't check anything

Reaction score
Country
India
Try a big plastic tote. Are you treating the water before you add it? The water should be treated first. I’ve seen others in India on YouTube who have fish set ups, so try to find someone local, they might recommend a local brand test kit that will be affordable. Worst case, you’re stuck doing daily water changes. Just be sure to treat the water. And that can get expensive on the water treatment. Set up a bigger filter as well. YouTube has lots of DIY filters. Good luck kiddo.
thank you so much for your reply .
can i please know what is a plastic tote
i am treating the water only by anti chlorine medicine
i will try to get a local brand test kit but it is not possible before january

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
85385C0C-8B76-4E34-A50D-F8225E01BC5F.png Something like this. A big plastic bin that will hold water, not leak, that is clean, has had no chemicals.

Ask a Question