Unusual Or Funny Behavior ?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ANYONE ever catch their fish doing anything funny or unusual? or any thing happen down at the water front, worthy of a chuckle? my koi used to swim up ontop of the lilly pads, and sit there for what seemed to be no other reason but to sun bathe, i witnessed this quite a few times in the outdoor pond, well this morning there was 2 doing it in the basement pond. is this something anyone else has witnessed? or have you witnessed anything else that was comical or unusual? i'm also pretty dang sure i saw a couple of them "tail walk". but they didnt come from seaworld.

Reaction score
My koi´s likes to take sunbath...laying almost on land for 1/2 hour..nothing can disturb them...even the cat can sit and look at them really close..
When it´s too hot they like to stay under the bridges in the shadow...and the small ones always follow the big ones ...Mvh/Björn

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
so thats what mine were doing....sunbathing. you know thats what i thought but it just seemed silly. this was in july and august, mid summer. but wait, they were doing in the basement this morning..no sun there,anythoughts? 2 were ontop of the artificial lillies that i saw, but they got off as i turned the corner and startled them turning on the lights. and yeah, mine would spend long periods sunning on the pads,and over abundance of hornwort i had, i think it was thick enough for me to walk on.LOL

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i have 2 fake lizards in the basement pond, that never stay where i set them up at. i'll set them on a little rock formation or whatever and they are seldom still there a day or two later. i usually find them afew feet away upside down or something. they didnt seem to mess with them much in the outside pond.

Ask a Question