Unusual Or Funny Behavior ?

Discussion in 'Fish & Koi Talk' started by koiguy1969, Feb 1, 2009.

1. koiguy1969

koiguy1969 GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!

ANYONE ever catch their fish doing anything funny or unusual? or any thing happen down at the water front, worthy of a chuckle? my koi used to swim up ontop of the lilly pads, and sit there for what seemed to be no other reason but to sun bathe, i witnessed this quite a few times in the outdoor pond, well this morning there was 2 doing it in the basement pond. is this something anyone else has witnessed? or have you witnessed anything else that was comical or unusual? i'm also pretty dang sure i saw a couple of them "tail walk". but they didnt come from seaworld.

koiguy1969, Feb 1, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. koiguy1969

avance

My koi´s likes to take sunbath...laying almost on land for 1/2 hour..nothing can disturb them...even the cat can sit and look at them really close..
    When it´s too hot they like to stay under the bridges in the shadow...and the small ones always follow the big ones ...Mvh/Björn

avance, Feb 1, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. koiguy1969

so thats what mine were doing....sunbathing. you know thats what i thought but it just seemed silly. this was in july and august, mid summer. but wait, they were doing in the basement this morning..no sun there,anythoughts? 2 were ontop of the artificial lillies that i saw, but they got off as i turned the corner and startled them turning on the lights. and yeah, mine would spend long periods sunning on the pads,and over abundance of hornwort i had, i think it was thick enough for me to walk on.LOL

koiguy1969, Feb 1, 2009
  4. koiguy1969

c2c7390

thats strange...i guess as long as they dont dry out they should be fine

c2c7390, Feb 2, 2009
  5. koiguy1969

i have 2 fake lizards in the basement pond, that never stay where i set them up at. i'll set them on a little rock formation or whatever and they are seldom still there a day or two later. i usually find them afew feet away upside down or something. they didnt seem to mess with them much in the outside pond.

koiguy1969, Feb 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question