Up and Running - first pond/stream

Reaction score
It's all done but the landscaping.... 4 weeks of planning, prep, and construction! I think it's worth all the effort. FYI - the yellow stuff is foam that will be cut back and painted to match the surrounding rock face. Let me know what you think? :regular_waving_emot

Attachments

• Pond pic 1.jpg
    Pond pic 1.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 329
  • Pond pic 2.jpg
    Pond pic 2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 313
  • Pond pic 3.jpg
    Pond pic 3.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Pond pic 4.jpg
    Pond pic 4.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 299

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice! now we need a picture of the pond and waterfall all in one.

just tear the foam with your fingers, leaves a rough edge which will dirty and get colored blend in better than a cut edge.

i have also just rubbed it, sort of rolling it off the rocks.

Reaction score
Thanks Addy! I'll try to get a pic of all of it but it was difficult to do so with my phone. The stream is 25' long and wraps around a deck to the pond. I plan to rock the edging around the pond with similar stone to the stream. I was planning to cut the foam but you're probably right about leaving a smooth vs ragged edge for paint to adhere. I was told that I could use Krylon H2O paint to his the larger areas. The smaller areas I'm just going to allow nature to color.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just let mine age, if you don't have large areas showing it will not be obvious down the road. from what I can see in your picture, I would just tear it and see how it looks down the road, or paint it if you wish. Another thing you can do, is when it is poofing out throw some dirt gravel on it, covers it nicely.

take sequential pictures, first one of pond then working slowly around the pond to the stream.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
looks good, in a few weeks you won't even be able to see the foam. I have also grown moss on my foam on areas that are shaded and get wet.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You've done a very nice job and would love to see more pics too of your pond :regular_waving_emot

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice job, I love the big rock bridge. Would love to see more pics! Rocks that big would cost me a small fortune. I do have a few large rocks but I had to haul them from N.C. to Louisiana myself. As for the foam, like other said break off the majority and leave the rest, I rubbed mine down some with my work gloves after working in the garden area. It blended pretty well. I had one spot that was up and in a crack that kept driving me nuts, took some string algae and kept throwing it up on the darn thing and presto, no more foam, Noticed the other day I had moss starting to grow there now. Looks even better than planned!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep I have found that straight cuts, like cutting the foam show up way more than tearing it. And dirt, moss etc start growing and collecting on the foam. I never got around to doing anything to some foam in my first pond on the stream, can't even see it now.

Ask a Question