Update on green water

Reaction score
Country
United States
put some api accu-clear in pond on two consecutive days and saw about 70 to 80 per cent increase in clarity . few days later i added a cup of salt bringing salinity to .06 percent . next morning i couldn't believe my eyes , the water was absolutely crystal clear . it was just like it was , visually , in past years . i'm a very unhappy person and was extremely pleased to find it cleared , best thing i've experienced in months . . . .peace

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
put some api accu-clear in pond on two consecutive days and saw about 70 to 80 per cent increase in clarity . few days later i added a cup of salt bringing salinity to .06 percent . next morning i couldn't believe my eyes , the water was absolutely crystal clear . it was just like it was , visually , in past years . i'm a very unhappy person and was extremely pleased to find it cleared , best thing i've experienced in months . . . .peace
Please let us know if it stays that way. Mine still cycles from almost clear to green for what seems no reason. Never has gotten perfectly clear!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Both of my ponds are crystal clear. My fix is plants and more plants and bog filtration. They stay that way except at first turn on in the spring, then a few days to go back to clear.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I hope you meant to say "I'm a very happy person" - it would be sad to think you were unhappy! Pond clarity is the goal of most pond owners and can be achieved without the use of additives or chemicals. But if you're happy, then we're happy.

Ask a Question